What's new

Which Heron or Spheroid?

Both are superb but the all day Vape atty has to be the heron over the spheroid, both with cotton. Only use the gp fluff in the spheroid. Cotton in the heron takes a few goes to get right, needs a funnel shaped cotton wick, thick end stops the wick slipping into the coil chamber and soaks up tons of juice for big clouds. On the spheroid a reasonably thick wick holds its shape when ends are upturned to touch the fluff but it drinks juice like nothing I've seen and you can tell from the thick clouds and tons of flavour

For me the Spheriod has the edge, dunno if that was the build or juice i was using that made me come to that conclusion. Never the less a riod needs to sit on the right mod for the aesthetics for me and the Piccolo is an awesome combo. :)
Regret moving mine on at times and woukd like one back in the future.

It looks well, on the Paps:
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1426872729.372780.jpg

Threw an 18500 battery in this last night and Took it to a party. By what I'm used to I would say it has a very tight draw even with th AFC fully open. Great vape nonetheless so in the pocket it went. Set it it with KGD and a 2mm coil of 5 wraps of 28gauge (first build using 26 gauge was a little slow on the ramp up).

Anyhoo the bugger was spitting like an angry camel and at one point I had a serious spluttering session so much juice flew last my gums.

I watched a couple of build vids on YouTube and they both used the same method, which I followed. Having had a search-up on Goggle the only solutions I have found talk of drilling the bell shaft (fnar) but that was on, apparently, earlier versions.

What do I want more cotton bunging up the topper hole?

Also if anyone has a hybrid connector I can use with the Paps x v1 they want to sell me I'd be happy to buy so as to lose the chunky 510 adaptor from the heron.

Thanks
MM

Threw an 18500 battery in this last night and Took it to a party. By what I'm used to I would say it has a very tight draw even with th AFC fully open. Great vape nonetheless so in the pocket it went. Set it it with KGD and a 2mm coil of 5 wraps of 28gauge (first build using 26 gauge was a little slow on the ramp up).

Anyhoo the bugger was spitting like an angry camel and at one point I had a serious spluttering session so much juice flew last my gums.

I watched a couple of build vids on YouTube and they both used the same method, which I followed. Having had a search-up on Goggle the only solutions I have found talk of drilling the bell shaft (fnar) but that was on, apparently, earlier versions.

What do I want more cotton bunging up the topper hole?

Also if anyone has a hybrid connector I can use with the Paps x v1 they want to sell me I'd be happy to buy so as to lose the chunky 510 adaptor from the heron.

Thanks
MM

Hey MM This is the method I use, with huge thanks to @ZT

http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/f...-on-a-gp-heron-no-filler.html?highlight=Heron

I find the wick is everything on the heron, you want to have a wick that is funnel shaped, thin part goes from the hole through the coil, thicker part fans out above the hole holding it in place so it doesn't go through. It doesn't need to be a lot thicker than the bit through the coil as when it's soaked it fluffs up a lot and if it's too thick it restricts juice flow.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1427059922.364692.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1427059939.086357.jpg

It easier to get the tank on after a refill if you gently squeeze the wick in kitchen towel and reshape to a curve. These semi dry pics might give an idea of amount of wick above the hole.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1427060130.719686.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1427060145.356164.jpg

Hope this helps, just how I do it, dunno what others do

thanks Gents I just did a quick rewick and it's a whole lot better, but still not right so will fanny on with it a bit more and get it down.

Would anyone care to confirm if I can run 80% VG through my Heron or should I stick with lower VG liquids?

I would also like to do away with the 510 adaptor I have on my Heron can I get a hybrid connector for my paps X v1 ? Been having murders with my old iphone and the VapourArt website keep jumping around from one thing to another. Got as far as this on the Vapist website then conceded I don't even know what the right name is for the yoke I want let alone whether it exists or, indeed, whether its worth getting it at all in terms of millimetres saved:

GP Paps X Top Cap Version 1.5

Thanks for looking after me, y'all.
MM

Back
Top Bottom