What's new

Wotofo Cog MTL RTA

Your thoughts on this when you have had a chance to try it out would be appreciated.
As a non mtler it's very good. Smooth airflow regardless of settings. Easy to coil & wick. Just waiting for the review to go up & all the info is there. Having used a few rta's, either reviewing or setting up for other people I'd say this is one of the best I've tried IMO. Wotofo don't make rubbish gear & SMM has a good reputation for designing mtl tanks.

As a non mtler it's very good. Smooth airflow regardless of settings. Easy to coil & wick. Just waiting for the review to go up & all the info is there. Having used a few rta's, either reviewing or setting up for other people I'd say this is one of the best I've tried IMO. Wotofo don't make rubbish gear & SMM has a good reputation for designing mtl tanks.
I've wicked it up with included nichrome coil and wick as the wotofo stuff is pretty standard for after sales wire and cotton now. Muji and kanthal later
it's ready to rock. No bud love the looks (pic in the post thread) will get one with the mod later.
nokomis is going in as I'm very familiar with it.
Im a tad disappointed by the lightweight feel. Steel is very thin and clearly chrome plated. But that may turn out a bonus for those mods that become too heavy with some atties. Good extras and airflow seems sound pre use.
wicking not unlike the old serpent with wick windows under the chimney.
flavour will be the decider. You get a lot more in say a glaz for similar money but I suspect the cog will settle down a little in a few weeks.
Not at all bad and looks great.

@eyeball kid I had to put the big tanks away as kept forgetting & tried taking big hits the first day. I used the same flavour I do in the Plus & Profiles to be as fair as possible with comparisons & other than cooler was still getting the notes coming through so to me it was favourable. Certainly in the top 3 of tanks I've used of that style. I took out the chimney section & the finish seemed fine to me & overall machining hadn't been scrimped on. Obviously batches may vary but it's rare to have an issue with Wotofos build quality.

Hmmm. Arrived.
Hopefully it vapes well. Very lightweight and I'd recommend going for a colour as the silver one is SILVER. More chewing gum wrapper than steel.

Mine arrived today. Got the gun metal colour, which I really like.

I've wicked it up with included nichrome coil and wick as the wotofo stuff is pretty standard for after sales wire and cotton now. Muji and kanthal later
it's ready to rock. No bud love the looks (pic in the post thread) will get one with the mod later.
nokomis is going in as I'm very familiar with it.
Im a tad disappointed by the lightweight feel. Steel is very thin and clearly chrome plated. But that may turn out a bonus for those mods that become too heavy with some atties. Good extras and airflow seems sound pre use.
wicking not unlike the old serpent with wick windows under the chimney.
flavour will be the decider. You get a lot more in say a glaz for similar money but I suspect the cog will settle down a little in a few weeks.
Not at all bad and looks great.

Will be a good tank for out and about being lightweight.

listening.gif

Done a night with the included 1.2ohm nichrome coil and wick. It's alright. Decent flavour and no wicking issue's and I wasn't fussy wicking it either.
Will switch to my kanthal and labo/muji set up today to see if the magic happens.
I do predict a few vapers finding this rta gives the juice straw effect depending on vaping style. Top fills a tad mucky. I usually prefer to bottom fill anyway to prevent leaks. (That said, I've experienced no juice pissing out when top filling).
Once set its fine but the whole airflow, top cap and 510 unscrew from the mod is very fine and cluttered.
You'll find yourself undoing the top cap when changing airflow or when removing from the mod unless you've jewellers hands.
Comfortable to vape on and not without promise. Not the instant love I thought I'd have when seen on paper.

Done a night with the included 1.2ohm nichrome coil and wick. It's alright. Decent flavour and no wicking issue's and I wasn't fussy wicking it either.
Will switch to my kanthal and labo/muji set up today to see if the magic happens.
I do predict a few vapers finding this rta gives the juice straw effect depending on vaping style. Top fills a tad mucky. I usually prefer to bottom fill anyway to prevent leaks. (That said, I've experienced no juice pissing out when top filling).
Once set its fine but the whole airflow, top cap and 510 unscrew from the mod is very fine and cluttered.
You'll find yourself undoing the top cap when changing airflow or when removing from the mod unless you've jewellers hands.
Comfortable to vape on and not without promise. Not the instant love I thought I'd have when seen on paper.
Maybe I will hold off for a while until there is more feedback on this attie.

Maybe I will hold off for a while until there is more feedback on this attie.
I would have put money on this nailing it for most but again it's just proved that not everything in vaping can be simple.
Everything is technically right. It may come into focus with my usual coil and wick and all other issue's will be forgiven but its not without issue. Plus side is it hasn't leaked or been difficult in any way once set up filled and in your mod. No nasty surprises.
I'd not rush until the full verdict is in. After all we're very different (just read the glaz thread). Other's may find it the mutts nutts.

Back
Top Bottom