What's new

Wotofo Manik pod kit

Great review!
I agree 100%. Overall its a great vape for DTL. The clapton mesh coil is outstanding.

So far I just found I real annoying con (at least for me): just like it happens with the PM80, due to the high position of the coilhead, you´ll be unable to empty the cartridge by vaping (carefully). This means, theres always liquid remaining (1/1.5ml), if you plan to switch to a different liquid those will mix. Also the wicking ports in the coils are also in a higher position, and that doesnt help.

I inspected carefully the pod design and the problem in the Manik is a bit more pronounced than in the PM80 cartridge. Theres nothing you can do to put that remaining liquid in contact with the coil. Part of the problem is that if you check the liquid you´ll see that its there enough, but if you keep vaping a dry-hit will kick sooner or later.

cheers
High wick ports are an inherant issue with stock coils in general. To be honest I only had a couple of dry hits & that was more not paying attention. I tend to swish the juice round in pods/tanks to get the most of the juice out. Again I was swapping coils in & out while trying the PnP coils & keeping the coil horizontal made it easy as long as you vape the juive down.
Thanks for the comments though bud, always appreciated :)2

Thanks for the review Mr Hornet, superb how the Manik accepts such a variety of coils. I hope other manufacturers follow suit, it would benefit not just users but high street shops as well, it's ridiculous the range of coils out there, I know from working in a vape how often people were sent away with a "Sorry mate, we don't have any of those".

Great review!
So far I just found I real annoying con (at least for me): just like it happens with the PM80, due to the high position of the coilhead, you´ll be unable to empty the cartridge by vaping (carefully). This means, theres always liquid remaining (1/1.5ml), if you plan to switch to a different liquid those will mix. Also the wicking ports in the coils are also in a higher position, and that doesnt help.

I inspected carefully the pod design and the problem in the Manik is a bit more pronounced than in the PM80 cartridge. Theres nothing you can do to put that remaining liquid in contact with the coil. Part of the problem is that if you check the liquid you´ll see that its there enough, but if you keep vaping a dry-hit will kick sooner or later.

cheers

It's a problem with quite a few pod systems, my guess is that designing a stock coil that wicks to the bottom of a pod or tank is tricky, the coil would have to be recessed into the base of the pod or tank, almost like sitting in a well. Pod rba's seem to fair better but are gits to get the coil and wicking right.

Thanks for the review Mr Hornet, superb how the Manik accepts such a variety of coils. I hope other manufacturers follow suit, it would benefit not just users but high street shops as well, it's ridiculous the range of coils out there, I know from working in a vape how often people were sent away with a "Sorry mate, we don't have any of those".

It's a problem with quite a few pod systems, my guess is that designing a stock coil that wicks to the bottom of a pod or tank is tricky, the coil would have to be recessed into the base of the pod or tank, almost like sitting in a well. Pod rba's seem to fair better but are gits to get the coil and wicking right.
Thanks mate, appreciate you taking the time to read it.
It's not just pods though, how many subohm tanks have a minimum mark on them? The RDA pod for this looks positive as it's very much like the Oxva Origin X offering & that wicked fine.

I hope other manufacturers follow suit, it would benefit not just users but high street shops as well, it's ridiculous the range of coils out there, I know from working in a vape how often people were sent away with a "Sorry mate, we don't have any of those".
Me too!
For me this is key. I dont buy/use vapes that have just their own propietary coil design. Complete nonsense and disanvantage for the user.
"Sorry mate, we don't have any of those" I heard that dozens of times, and the worst thing about that is they actually have compatible coils!
Monday I was on a local store and a guy entered asking for coil replacements for a SMOK TFV9. Guess the tender answer... and he had TONS of non Smok compatible coil options for that tank from Vaporesso, Geekvape, Eleaf, Hellvape... I explained that to the customer (I couldnt resist) and he was freaking out. Its very unfair. So I tend to support companies that share stock coil platforms.
Sorry for the off-topic!

Thanks for the review, good to know the coils fit the pnp tanks. If i ever resort to stock coils on the drag x, il definately be looking at the manik coils

Thanks mate, appreciate you taking the time to read it.
It's not just pods though, how many subohm tanks have a minimum mark on them? The RDA pod for this looks positive as it's very much like the Oxva Origin X offering & that wicked fine.

Ahh, I was going to mention sub ohm tanks but decided against it, yes, they do have the same problem. And with a 2ml capacity tank having that problem, one is almost left with a working capacity of 1.5ml, not good at all.

Thanks for the review, good to know the coils fit the pnp tanks. If i ever resort to stock coils on the drag x, il definately be looking at the manik coils
You should be getting a pack of the #D15s NOW :D (those are the only really genuine and not shared in GTX-PnP. And the #D14, conical, but not so great)

You should be getting a pack of the #D15s NOW :D (those are the only really genuine and not shared in GTX-PnP. And the #D14, conical, but not so great)
Il probably add a pack wheb i place my next order for vape supplies

Much appreciated, thank you. Yeah can highly recommend the Clapton D15, works great in the Drag X/S/Max.

Back
Top Bottom