What's new

Wotofo Mdura 200w Kit.

Astral

Achiever

Wotofo Mdura 200w Kit.

Disclaimer: This is an independent review of a vape device kindly provided to me by @Healthcabin and is not associated with Planet Of The Vapes or any other organisation. The opinions here are purely my own and I am not receiving any payment or inducement for them.

DSCF9600 (2).JPG

Loud, brash and garish. That's what you get from Wotofo.

Their products come all boxed up in their signature neon green branding like a radioactive Kermit the frog.

They're unapologetically in your face and show a confidence in themselves and their customers that goes far beyond their rivals.

Unlike most, Wotofo has often been brave and given consumers a freedom of choice few others would even dream of with their SMRT V8 baby rebuildable mesh and D45 round wire RBA coils, and this new 200w Mdura kit is no exception.

Both of those options are available here and the confidence they exude is on display in abundance with the bold choice of styling and vibrant colour schemes typical of them. It's even in the names they've given them.

'King Kong black', 'King Kong red', 'King Kong orange' and 'King Kong blue'.

King Kong eh? Nothing understated there, is there?

DSCF9609 (2).JPG DSCF9611 (2).JPG
DSCF9613 (2).JPG DSCF9614 (2).JPG

There's nothing understated about the power output of this device either. 200w!

I don't know anyone who actually vapes at that but I know this MDURA packs more than enough punch for my meagre lungs to handle.

While it may look broadly in line with the latest fashions, the branding is still subtly prominent and could probably be from outer space if not quite as stealthy.

The large 'MDURA' logo on the padded three-quarter 'leather' wrap and luminosity of the vibrant 0.96in TFT screen are probably still visible from the top of the Empire State building though. We’ll have to ask King Kong later!

Oddly though, it's not all that offensive, and for something so in your face the MDURA is remarkably classy. The gunmetal trim and matte black body are perfect enframing to the ‘leather’ decoration and provide a tasteful surround to the wrap’s print.

As does the well laid-out display.

It features all the information you'd expect from a NexCHIP equipped mod and displays everything boldly, accentuating it equally colourfully in the familiar Wotofo interface.

You get your wattage, resistance, voltage, battery level, puffs and fire time, all beaming into your retinas via a bold white font, set on a black background with coloured interlacing of your choice - green, orange, blue, red, purple and white.

Well, I say menu. There isn’t much of one really. You really only get to scroll through the colours, clear your puffs and lock your wattage, that’s it.

DSCF9631.JPG

As mods go, this one isn’t one of the most feature laden on the market but you do get a host of protections such as PCBA temperature shut-off, a low voltage warning, short circuit, low resistance and overheating.

At 82mm x 52mm x 26mm for the mod and 25mm X 32.85mm for the tank it’s not too big either and takes the middle ground of the Mdura range, sitting between the larger Pro and the smaller Mini.

You get the dual battery performance of the Pro with a circumference more akin to the Mini, although this one is taller.

It features 5V/2amp USB Type-C charging, and a base-set hinged, plastic battery door for removing your dual 18650’s if you charge externally. Unfortunately though, there is some significant play on this when it’s open and it swings laterally more than a pendulum, but it firms up perfectly when the batteries are inserted and seems well secured.

The NexMINI tank is a bit more innovative though and features a novel, sprung childproof filling valve under the sliding top that depresses and rebounds when a bottle’s nozzle is inserted and removed, giving the added advantage of completely leak proofing it.

You could probably take this tank on a roller coaster and it wouldn’t leak.

Unfortunately though, you do need to take your time when filling it as the valve does seem a little too undersized and obstructs the flow somewhat, causing the juice to pool back if you try to fill it too quickly. This isn’t a tank for the impatient.

Go slowly or make sure you have some tissue handy is all I’m saying!

DSCF9644 (2).JPG

That said, it is a good performer and the range of airflow is excellent. All options are various shades of DTL but as long as you remember this and don’t expect anything too tight you should enjoy this if that’s your thing.

Disassembling it is as easy as it gets too. It features a simple screw-on base, an 810 drip-tip and two easily removable 3.5 and 4.5ml ‘glasses’, and on the whole, it suits the mod well, but I can’t help but feel it looks very slightly undersized.

I’m so used to seeing enormous tanks these days that anything a little more normally sized looks a bit diddy - but maybe that’s just me.

DSCF9633 (3).JPG DSCF9635 (2).JPG
DSCF9636 (2).JPG DSCF9639 (2).JPG

The 0.2ohm D43 (45-55w) Clapton and D41 (37-45w) A1 nexMESH coils that come included in the package are excellent too and offer users a great experience.

I liked the D41 best but both are flavourful and productive.

Firing is instant and the button is tactile and clicky without being heavy. Wotofo claims a fire time of just 0.001 seconds but I’ve got no way of verifying that one.

The box is nicely presented too with everything laid out neatly inside. It has a branded transparent top cover and contents split over two levels, with the mod, tank and spare ‘glass’ on the upper level and the spare coil, O-Rings, USB-C cable and literature underneath - and the thought Wotofo has put into their presentation has clearly extended here.

Wotofo clearly takes a lot of pride in their image even if it may be a bit too bold for some. They clearly want to get noticed, as I suspect, do their customers.

DSCF9656 (2).JPG DSCF9664 (2).JPG

All in all, this kit will do that for both, and the mid-range Mdura fills the void between the Mini and the Pro well while not stepping on the toes of either.

This kit has been an excellent one to use, and has a wonderfully tactile feel, decent build quality and striking but balanced looks.

While not being the most feature laden on the market, it's clear why Wotofo wanted to do this and it still offers good value for money.

As it stands, this offers accessibility to dual 18650 vaping at a good price point, without making you feel you’ve scrimped.

So despite having an undersized filling valve and a battery door with more swing than Duke Ellington and Co, I liked this kit and I’ve been happy to use it.

I suspect the test of time will show this to be a durable kit too - as long as that battery door holds up - and if Wotofo keeps going in this vein the Mdura franchise might be around as long as King Kong himself.

And as for whether you can see it from the top of the Empire State building, he says no, but you’ll see it from the bottom. Oo errrr.

I’d like to thank @Healthcabin for sending this to me to test and if you want one you can get one here for the price of $42.99. You can also get 30% off just for signing in and a further 10% for being a new customer.

HealthCabin is also one of the biggest vape wholesale distributors in China. If you're a vape business owner, just contact them to get competitive wholesale prices.

Performance: 8.
Flavour: 8.
Aesthetics: 8.5.
Build quality: 7.5.
Value for money: 8.

Back
Top Bottom