What's new

Wotofo Profile PS RDA released.

nwhornet

Legend
Dual mesh deck, run in squonk or drip mode, parallel or series mode. Waiting for confirmation of whether it use og mesh, 17mm or a new size.
https://www.wotofo.com/pages/profil...OU_4qBON4O88g65UOy6gEy6NztMm9JxgRBJaWKXNmLhQ4

profile ps.jpg

Looks like it's to partner the new Profile squonk mod. They'll probably announce it as a kit soon.

I suspect they'll use proprietary mesh, it seems to be a growing trend. Manufacturers are increasingly doing it with builders to lock people into their own ecosystems again.

Looks like the og mesh and a new one specific for the PS, looks good will deffo get one

With this coming you'd of thought they would have gone with a dual battery squonker

AFC looks good on it also

Screenshot_20210830-092214_Chrome.jpeg

Looks really good. If I was more into RDAs this would be a must buy for me. I barely use my v1 Profile RDA though as I'm too lazy for dripping :D

Looks like the og mesh and a new one specific for the PS, looks good will deffo get one

With this coming you'd of thought they would have gone with a dual battery squonker

AFC looks good on it also

View attachment 253645
Yep, teach me to read all the screenshot. New mesh is 0.3ohm per strip so good for parallel use. Don't believe the squonker & this were meant to complement each other though as there's no kit version available.

Looks like it's to partner the new Profile squonk mod. They'll probably announce it as a kit soon.

I suspect they'll use proprietary mesh, it seems to be a growing trend. Manufacturers are increasingly doing it with builders to lock people into their own ecosystems again.
Both Wotofo mesh sizes fit many other decks with no issue. Zeus mesh deck being an exception as you need to dremel the clamp to get bigger mesh to fit.
Won't be sold as a kit with the squonker though with it only using one battery in squonk mode. Shame it wont fit on the Dyadic without overhang but got plenty dual cell squonkers it will ;)

Yep, teach me to read all the screenshot. New mesh is 0.3ohm per strip so good for parallel use. Don't believe the squonker & this were meant to complement each other though as there's no kit version available.
Please educate me on the parallel and series modes, means the same build will do two different resistances, is this aimed more towards mechs, I never used mechs, or its just two of the same mesh strips to achieve 2 different resistances?

Both Wotofo mesh sizes fit many other decks with no issue. Zeus mesh deck being an exception as you need to dremel the clamp to get bigger mesh to fit.
Won't be sold as a kit with the squonker though with it only using one battery in squonk mode. Shame it wont fit on the Dyadic without overhang but got plenty dual cell squonkers it will ;)

It all seems a bit odd to me that they've released a mod and RDA that don't really go together. Wotofo are usually so coherent, but what do I know?

I'm still an outsider when it comes to squonking though so I've got much to learn.

Please educate me on the parallel and series modes, means the same build will do two different resistances, is this aimed more towards mechs, I never used mechs, or its just two of the same mesh strips to achieve 2 different resistances?
52c368b0a2f559c9169688471a5b0c34

On a regulated dual cell it wouldn't make much difference unless the build was too low to fire ie below 0.1ohm as some mods wont fire that low. Series is more useful on dual cell series mechs as you can build low but the resistance will double. Think that explains it, sure someone will correct me :)2. Either way battery safety is paramount as always.

It all seems a bit odd to me that they've released a mod and RDA that don't really go together. Wotofo are usually so coherent, but what do I know?

I'm still an outsider when it comes to squonking though so I've got much to learn.
The squonker is a strange one give the lack of good dual cell mods currently available. As a 21700 mod it would have worked better but Joel Robinson was aiming for a compact mod in either mode. The dual mesh deck is something that many Profile users have been waiting for as it lends itself well to series/stacked mechs better due to the 2x increase in resistence when built in series. Single mesh on a mech can pull high amps/power pushing the risk of dry hits (I have tried it :eek: too hot for me).
The new squonker should be able to run this in either squonk or drip as it's regulated (6.4v single cell squonk, 8.2v dual cell mod) & it's big enough. Personally I'd like to see a redesigned Dyadic using this new squonk bottle & moving the 510 to the centre with the bottle directly underneath. With the Nexmesh chip it will hit fast & be better suited. Can't see TonyB doing it though so would have to be a new design.

Back
Top Bottom