What's new

Zelos 3,new at vaping

EllsAppoc

Hi everyone I'm new to vaping and I recently bought a zelos 3 and I don't know how to use it. I tried various vape flavours, Heisenberg menthol, etc, I recently got the cotton candy from Drifter 10mg Bar Salts and I still can't taste anything. It's either tasteless or tastes burnt.

What am I doing wrong? Can someone help with the settings? I want to be able to taste the cotton candy flavour.

Wats 10.0
Voltage 3.9
Bypass 4.00
TC/TCR SS
CPS C2
Coil 1.8mm

Thank youu

Welcome to POTV
I would suspect that you have burnt the coil :(
A coil needs priming and breaking in before you get to the flavour stage.
Priming involves dropping a little liquid into the holes where the cotton can be seen; installing the coil in the tank; filling the tank and then letting it sit for at least 10 minutes - I personally leave it for up to an hour - to let the coil get thoroughly soaked with juice.
Next stage is breaking in. Every coil will have a recommended wattage range. This is only a recommendation and (as a user of the Nautilus coils) I find the lowest setting to be the absolute maximum I vape on, and a lower setting will generally prolong coil life.
Your first few puffs on a new coil should be at around the 5 watt mark. You can then take further puffs having increased the wattage a little - I usually go up in .5 watts steps.
Continue with that until you get to a point we’re the flavour starts to develop.
I find that the full flavour on a stock coil won’t come through until I’m a good quarter of the way through the tank, so don’t expect instant miracles.
I have only used the 1.8 ohm coil once, and didn’t care for it. I find the 1.0 and .7 coils to be the best of the Nautilus BVC range.
Hope this might help.

As John says if it tastes burnt that means you haven't primed the coil before firing it, can't say why you get no flavour. Use Nautilus coils in wattage mode, the recommended range for the 1.8 is 10-14 watts so 10 will be ok. They also do a nic salt version of it and the 0.7 but I've never used either so can't comment.

Hi @EllsAppoc and welcome to the planet.

If you bought the kit which comes with a tank then you would of received a 1.8ohm coil and a 0.7ohm coil.
your screen should be set to wattage mode only.
dont use voltage/bypass or TC these are settings for more advanced users. ive been vaping 9 years and never used these either.

1.8ohm coil should be used within the range that shows on the coil. usually around 9watts-14watts max. (video below says it comes with 1.6ohm coil which runs at 7-11watts).
the 0.7 can be used between 20-25watts.
as said a burnt taste means youve burnt the coil out and its ready for the rubbish bin.

As John said above, bedding in is a must. drip juice on all the cotton holes around the coil first then once tank is filled start low. so if its the 1.8 or 1.6 coil start at the lowest wattage setting and then turn up a watt every couple of puffs. starting at the max wattage without priming the coil is the best way to burn it out quick.

Oh heisenberg, decent but the flavour you will never get rid of. once used in a tank no matter what flavour you put in afterwards heisen will always be there. tbh this flavour needs a tank only for that flavour.

me cant stand salts so have never heard of drifter before so no idea how strong the flavours are. salts are very smooth but using at higher watts might give you nic sik where you get dizy or feel sick. nothing to worry about but stop vaping for at least an hour. salts are best used with mtl mouth to lung coils so best with the 1.8ohm.

video and user manual below.

zel 1.JPG
zel 2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom