What's new

ZQ XTAL Pod Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Rico at ZQ sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or ZQ, nor am I paid to review things.

The ZQ Xtal Pod Kit

https://www.zqvapor.com/

IMG_20201221_103443.jpg

I am the same as everyone else who has reviewed this and haven’t heard of ZQ before. Having a look at their site shows me that they have made a few pod systems and use the same distributor/R&D partner as Aspire. One thing I thought was cool is that ZQ have just released a DNA 75c mod called the Essent, which suggests to me that they are a lot more invested in vaping than just pumping out pod systems for profit.

The Xtal is a simple pod system with a 520mah battery and takes 1.8ml refillable pods. It is set wattage and there is no airflow control system.

In the box you get:
Xtal system
2 1.2ohm Nichrome Xtal pods
A USB cable
Manual and warranty card.

There are no functions other than the fact that you can click the fire button 3 times and it will change the way you can draw from the device. It starts off that you can use autodraw or use the button. 3 clicks and it switches to autodraw only. Another 3 and you can only use the button to fire. The final 3 will get you back to being able to use both. I used the autodraw only as I like that and it is responsive enough to not bother about using the button.

Collage 2020-12-21 11_18_03.jpg

Styling, as everyone else has also noted, is similar to the Uwell Caliburn. It’s a thin, light pod system with 2 airflow holes, one on each side of the battery. Colours you can buy are teal, gunmetal, black, red and gradient pink. The pods are disposable once the coil is depleted. There are 3 battery indicators that light up the fire button when power is lowering, green for when it is between 3.8 – 4.2v, blue when between 3.5-3.8v and red when below 3.5v. It doesn’t stay on red long when that pops up though so you’d need to get to a charger quickly, I think I got about 10 draws out of it. The fill port is on the bottom of the pod and you have to lift a little plastic door thingy to open it. I thought this was a sure thing for leaks but it hasn’t leaked at all the whole time I’ve been using it. The fill hole is quite small.

In use it has a medium MTL draw on it. If you close off one of the airflow holes with a finger or tape then you can get it tighter though. I started off with some very high mg nic salt juice and found it to have pretty good flavour. I wasn’t expecting that so it was a nice surprise. I also do slipstream draw restricted DTL every few puffs and the coil keeps up well with that as well. Even a bit of chain slipstreaming didn’t faze it much either. My first fill of juice seemed to last forever as well, probably the high mg of the nic but it lasted pretty well and the power only ran out on me just after it was halfway empty. I then moved onto 70/30 12mg nic salt like I have in most of my other tanks and pods and it went down a bit quicker because I was able to properly chain vape it Even then it lasted quite well and the flavour was still good.

I have read a couple of reviews on this device that were written back in August by apes on here and they had noted that the coil didn’t last very well but here I am on my 4th fill and it is still going strong. Perhaps ZQ addressed this, perhaps because I’ve not been using this as my sole device over the past week and a half I have been easier on the coils but I’m still getting the good flavour and the coil is still keeping up with the incessant drawing I do on it when I have a shot.

This device will be good for a starter vaper or for someone like myself that likes a sly puff here and there. I’ve been taking mine out in the car when I go to do the shopping and I’ve enjoyed using it.

Thank you again to Rico at ZQ for letting me try this out.

IMG_20201221_103706.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers for the review mate. They sound like an interesting company.

Thanks for the review, nope I've never heard of them either! .... I'm gonna go check out this DNA 75c mod. :)

I'm starting to wonder how representative this forum is of people vaping generally? I have no idea who's actually buying all these pods, it doesn't feel like anyone is, but I guess they must be somewhere or they wouldn't keep making them. I see the point of them and I use a couple myself and at certain times they are well handy... but how many do people need?!

Thanks for the review, nope I've never heard of them either! .... I'm gonna go check out this DNA 75c mod. :)

I'm starting to wonder how representative this forum is of people vaping generally? I have no idea who's actually buying all these pods, it doesn't feel like anyone is, but I guess they must be somewhere or they wouldn't keep making them. I see the point of them and I use a couple myself and at certain times they are well handy... but how many do people need?!

It's a nice looking DNA imo, no fancy stuff just a simple design.

I get what you mean about pods. There a just so many around. Saying that some of them are really good but most of them cater to only one or two coil types so it's hard to find the ones that would suit a lot of people. I think on here it's the more hobbyist kind of vaper that tends to post so we tend to be more into our mods and tanks and rebuildables, bar a good few pod or stock coil fans. People must be buying the pods in droves or they'd have died out by now, surely!

Back
Top Bottom