What's new

(This is it) TPD Regulations 2016

as far as i can remember november was the cut off point for stock being bought by companies and a year was the deadline to sell off all old stock.
so in 1 year everything could change overnight.
BUT
we could well be out of the EU by then. will that make a difference, hmm, ask me in a year as we just dont know.

to keep the planet alive without all the sponcership, adverts, discount codes i would quite willingly contribute to keep this community alive.

long live POTV @junglist @OccultScientist

Yeah. Lol.
After the year, it will all depend on the vendors and how they "word their stuff"
And yeah. You will still be able to import stuff from China etc.
The TPD doesn't stand a chance. Too many loop holes.

This. The document is nothing that we weren't expecting anyway. All it is is what was being touted about in an official format.

No need for panic buying or anything else of sorts. Tanks can be labelled as novelty products and not for use with nicotine delivery systems and that's that.

It's the juice manufacturers who've been hit the hardest. If I were said manufacturer I would be making my whole range nicotine free, then allowing the end user to add nicotine as required. That way they keep their larger bottles and avoid any costly implementation costs.

But, as @3dj said, it really is all bollocks. We're adults and we can make our own decisions. Totally not enforceable.

Just bear in mind this shard of shit from Brussels on 23rd June.

Looks like menthol cigarettes and flavoured papers will be illegal too.

There's also a load of stuff about naming 'food stuffs' ... does that mean they won't be able to call a juice 'sugar doughnuts' for example and it will have to be called something else and have some vague descriptions to it's flavour?

as far as i can remember november was the cut off point for stock being bought by companies and a year was the deadline to sell off all old stock.
so in 1 year everything could change overnight.
BUT
we could well be out of the EU by then. will that make a difference, hmm, ask me in a year as we just dont know.

to keep the planet alive without all the sponcership, adverts, discount codes i would quite willingly contribute to keep this community alive.

long live POTV @junglist @OccultScientist

Ahhhh. But there could be a loophole there too if POTV implements an age verification system and makes it a private forum in the sense that you can't access content just by googling it- you have to be a member.

We aren't then advertising to members of the public, just our own age verified and approved members.

This. The document is nothing that we weren't expecting anyway. All it is is what was being touted about in an official format.

No need for panic buying or anything else of sorts. Tanks can be labelled as novelty products and not for use with nicotine delivery systems and that's that.

It's the juice manufacturers who've been hit the hardest. If I were said manufacturer I would be making my whole range nicotine free, then allowing the end user to add nicotine as required. That way they keep their larger bottles and avoid any costly implementation costs.

But, as @3dj said, it really is all bollocks. We're adults and we can make our own decisions. Totally not enforceable.

Just bear in mind this shard of shit from Brussels on 23rd June.
The panic buying does my fuckin head in. Calm down guys, calm the fuck down. As far has the juice makers are concerned. I think they might have it sussed.

im going to buy a packet of menthol cigs and in about 50 years take them to the antiques roadshow.

fek it. ill be brown bread as would be 102 by then.

The panic buying does my fuckin head in. Calm down guys, calm the fuck down. As far has the juice makers are concerned. I think they might have it sussed.

I agree, just ask @pfvapes . That's the way I'd have done it.

Yeah. Lol.
After the year, it will all depend on the vendors and how they "word their stuff"
And yeah. You will still be able to import stuff from China etc.
The TPD doesn't stand a chance. Too many loop holes.
Agreed I think wording on packaging will play a big part of this hopefully retailers are brave enough just to say sod it I'll label it like this and see what happens. "Legal highs" have been able to get round red tape for years and seemingly the govt can't stop it. In 20 years of smoking
nothing the govt has done has been able to get me away from thinking about having a smoke for more than a week but something comes along that has and they want to curtail it.

Truth is this is about money pure and simple!

Back
Top Bottom