What's new

2021 TPD Update - £150 Product Registration Fee

I don't think it will matter if a device like a mod doesn't contain nicotine, look at the stuff already on the market, they all have the stupid "this product contains nic" sticker. The mhra aren't going to go backwards and loosen the regs. Are mods currently notifiable?

I don't think it will matter if a device like a mod doesn't contain nicotine, look at the stuff already on the market, they all have the stupid "this product contains nic" sticker. The mhra aren't going to go backwards and loosen the regs. Are mods currently notifiable?
Yeah!
that bothers me a lot. They treat all vape stuff as tobacco and thats incorrect and unfair.
You buy an atomizer and half of the box its occupied by the stupid sticker saying it has nicotine. Inside Europe/UK I mean.

Shortfills, salts, freebase nic, prefulled pods, whatever that contains nic OK, but not for what really does not contain any nicotine.

Fuck me! I'm glad I stocked up and bought enough juice making ingredients, atties and mods to last me at least 5 years before this shitstorm hit. And to think I only did it in case Brexit caused me any problems.

I do feel sorry obviously though for manufacturers and vendors who will clearly have their livelihoods impacted by this. And as usual, nothing is set out in black and white, nothing is clear, just another fucking bureaucratic minefield!!

Happy New year vapers.

There has always been 150 pound registration fee - since the TPD came in - it’s not new, or brexit related.

And is small potatoes compared to testing prices tbh - I mean it’s not in reality - but it is in comparison.

Eliquid wise - that’s for each strength of every flavour mind.
So one flavour in four strengths is £600 - the testing for that is many times more on top.

Last edited:
The six month wait thing, is that new please?
No - it’s always been there, however it’s never been acted upon and as a rule you are told you can sell as soon as your product is listed.

No - it’s always been there, however it’s never been acted upon and as a rule you are told you can sell as soon as your product is listed.

Ahh, ok, thank you, so there is nothing new in these rules (assuming the 6 month wait will not be enforced), apart from the changes to Northern Ireland viz EU notifications etc?

Ahh, ok, thank you, so there is nothing new in these rules (assuming the 6 month wait will not be enforced), apart from the changes to Northern Ireland viz EU notifications etc?
That is correct :)

nothing new here - these are not the droids you are looking for etc ... move along :)

reading through this I have now got a few manufacture friends looking at this at the clarification for mods and other areas are either sketchy or stupid

squonk bottles are or are not covered but they contain nicotine and are a part of the mod aka like a tank the bottle delivers nicotine...

batteries and drip tips o rings etc are not covered but this is daft a drip tip same as a mod doesn't contain nicotine but can you use an atty without a drip tip but, to sell drip tips you still need to say this may contain nicotine and still pay $500 to visa and still need AVS and no sale to under 18

batteries are a hotbed topic, in theory, anyone can buy a mod a slam any old battery in it, the battery is the weakest and most important part for the safety of a mod but it's not covered

then do I register for making a wooden cabinet that may or may not contain nicotene

plus I do I register a stabwood mod as before I didn't need to according to everyone I spoke to and what was published online. I jumped through so many hoops to be safe when I see so many others not bother even to the point of seeing them doing secret groups, friends and family payments via paypal and the new thing getting money sent via paypal for the sale of a block of turning wood or some "resin" ive done a website with so many restrictions and terms and conditions on it to be passed by visa it's made my head spin and now this bollocks

I pay my way I pay 20% tax to hmrc I'm struggling like fuck here I'm so sick and tired of waking up every day to a new problem after spending a day dodging covid seeing and hearing of people i work with fall to it and get sick some have died I'm trying to stay positive but fuck me why bother

Back
Top Bottom