Votes: 32 25.2%
  • Out

Votes: 76 59.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 14 11.0%
  • Not going to vote

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
That's the only thing that's disconcerting. The referendum should have been made legally binding before the voting day. Same as the Scot independent referendum

That's the only thing that's disconcerting. The referendum should have been made legally binding before the voting day. Same as the Scot independent referendum

Campaign leaders were never gonna be there forever, look at Cameron. Hasn't he jumped ship too?

The £ plummeted, yes but it's recovering. The ftse 100 was (on 2/7 at the highest level for 12 months, source: http://www.express.co.uk/finance/ci...EST-level-since-2015-just-a-week-after-Brexit

The le touquet arrangement that's in place has been backed to remain by the French government, it's a bilateral treaty between uk and France and nothing to do with the eu. The person that has said that treaty will disappear is Alain judde, the leader of the opposition. You can say all you like about him leading the opinion polls, however remember back to the general election in 2015 opinion polls here had labour to win outright with no hung parliament, and even as recent as the referendum had remain to be victorious. Ask yourself if you can really trust opinion polls.

Both the eu and Europe have bargaining tools over freedom of movement for trade deals. Personally I'd like deals to be made with individual countries rather than the eu itself, I don't like middlemen.

Immigrants will still board lorries at their end, but, like pre brexit the uk does have the capabilities to find the immigrants, and deal with them accordingly after reaching our shores.

No, I'm not happy as a 'gloating leaver' as dodgy Dave STILL hasn't carried out his promise that he'd invoke article 50 and set the wheels in motion the morning after a leave victory, instead he resigned.

We will prosper as a nation with our own full control again, it was never ever gonna be an overnight job if you didn't know.

If you are so sure that the country is a 'fucking shambles' then when are you upping sticks and moving to an eu country, or are you waiting to see and hope the eu doesn't crumble first with other countries suggesting their own referendum?

Otherwise, can I suggest you get comfy in your pram after picking the dummy you've spat out

It is a fucking shambles mate, you're burying your head in the sand for whatever reason? Pride I assume? Other European countries aren't stupid enough to even give a decision this big to the people - kinda funny that you seem to think the contrary. Cameron is a wanker, I've never said otherwise, however, he's still a shit ton better than Theresa May - I like how you didn't mention her at all in your post :) given that her being in control for 4 years is a direct result of a movement you supported. Of course Boris and Farage weren't going to be there forever, but to pack up and fuck off within a week of the results? They got exactly what they were fighting for, surely this would be the beginning of their political careers? No, they know what a mess they've created and want nothing more to do with it.

What you personally want couldn't be less relevant here, the uk WILL make trade deals with Europe and compromises WILL be made. Nothing has changed here in regards to immigration, nothing will change.

Anyway I don't blame the people that voted leave, I think it's shitty that they're gloating but it is what it is. I blame Cameron for having this referendum in the first place, followed by Boris, Farage and Gove that fed the fire with lies and false promises.

I should have stopped taking you seriously as soon as I saw a link to The Express, so, I'm just not gonna reply here again. Buh-bye.

Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...n-higher-after-rollercoaster-day-for-markets/

Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jul/01/post-brexit-apocalypse-why-markets-rising

Financial times: https://next.ft.com/content/8e33b95e-3f6d-11e6-9f2c-36b487ebd80a

You can nitpick over certain newspapers all you want, they say the same.

The reason I didn't mention Teresa may originally is because I don't know enough about her political ideas. I don't comment on stuff I don't know about

And fair enough, don't reply if you wish but don't say my head is buried when you're not going to bother replying.

Leave did lie, but guess what, that's politics. Have you ever known or known of a politician whose never lied at any time?

And to be fair, I think it's shitty, rude and downright pathetic that remainers have started and signed petitions demanding a second referendum, and they used up police resources on a march in London at the weekend, and the downright rudeness and arrogance of many personal attacks towards those that voted leave

And to be fair, I think it's shitty, rude and downright pathetic that remainers have started and signed petitions demanding a second referendum, and they used up police resources on a march in London at the weekend, and the downright rudeness and arrogance of many personal attacks towards those that voted leave
I actually agree with that.

In regards to the economy, article 50 hasn't been triggered yet and not much changes until then. BoE have already said bank shares are down 20% and they're constantly pouring money into this to keep the UK afloat. I'd sure as shit rather given Brussels £250 million a week than Goldman Sachs billions - I'd suggest a little research into Goldman Sachs.

Don't get me wrong, I actually supported a few ideas of Brexit. I just felt like this was the wrong way to go about it and it would inevitably result in turmoil. We're yet to see the real damage, but trust me when I say I'll be back on this thread when that day comes to gloat and be smug.

Already aware of Goldman Sachs, to me the chief instigators in the 2008 recession, and donations of half a million (if I remember correctly) to the remain campaign.
There was never gonna be a peaceful way to go about bringing a referendum in, there's never room for peace in politics.

The EU have shown their true colours since the leave victory, especially the way they addressed and spoke to/about farage and ukip. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a farage or ukip supporter in any way, but the outbursts that day shown how much the eu care about the uk, and also the immaturity of the leaders and high ranking people in the eu. As much a twit farage is, nobody deserves to be ridiculed like he was, as much as it may have been coming to him

Already aware of Goldman Sachs, to me the chief instigators in the 2008 recession, and donations of half a million (if I remember correctly) to the remain campaign.
There was never gonna be a peaceful way to go about bringing a referendum in, there's never room for peace in politics.

The EU have shown their true colours since the leave victory, especially the way they addressed and spoke to/about farage and ukip. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a farage or ukip supporter in any way, but the outbursts that day shown how much the eu care about the uk, and also the immaturity of the leaders and high ranking people in the eu. As much a twit farage is, nobody deserves to be ridiculed like he was, as much as it may have been coming to him

And I suppose the way Farage spoke to them was alright? Insult, insult, insult followed by we will be your best friends!

Time will tell I guess. I hope I'm wrong, I really do. My partner is Dutch so The Netherlands is an option, by option I mean last resort. As much as I love this country, I won't be dragged down with it against my will.

Last edited:
I actually agree with that.

In regards to the economy, article 50 hasn't been triggered yet and not much changes until then. BoE have already said bank shares are down 20% and they're constantly pouring money into this to keep the UK afloat. I'd sure as shit rather given Brussels £250 million a week than Goldman Sachs billions - I'd suggest a little research into Goldman Sachs.

Don't get me wrong, I actually supported a few ideas of Brexit. I just felt like this was the wrong way to go about it and it would inevitably result in turmoil. We're yet to see the real damage, but trust me when I say I'll be back on this thread when that day comes to gloat and be smug.

I voted to leave but I agree it was totally the wrong way to go about it. Sadly, as we were so clearly told, this was our only chance, a once in a lifetime opportunity ... with only 2 options 'in' or 'out'. I think many of us felt that we had no choice. I don't support continued expansion or closer integration, so my only option was to vote leave. I would have much rather waited to see what was going to happen over the next couple of years and have a much longer period of sensible discussion about the EU and the direction it's heading. We could have made proper plans for if/when the time came to leave and a lot of this turmoil could have been avoided.

I agree Cameron is to blame for this mess, he called a referendum where he didn't support the change the referendum was offering which to me seems totally idiotic. He totally misjudged the feelings of the UK outside of the London bubble and he resigned straight away causing more uncertainty when he should have been doing his job as prime minister. I have nothing to gloat about, I think it was/is being handled appallingly and I think our politicians are an absolute disgrace. They all seem to have forgotten that they still have a country to run.

now this is fking worrying...Maggie's back
<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nigel Lawson says Brexit means government can now &quot;finish the job which Margaret Thatcher started&quot; <a href="https://t.co/runcmuciQ2">pic.twitter.com/runcmuciQ2</a></p>&mdash; Sean Clare (@Sean__Clare) <a href="">5 July 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back
Top Bottom