What's new

Avoid at all costs

topfogger

Postman
Now I just want to start off by giving apologies if this post isn't in the right place, but I felt it necessary to voice my outrage.

I recently persuaded my sister to give vaping a try, I gave her some basic information and pointed her in the direction of the Kanger Topbox mini and a good 35a battery. On receipt of the Topbox mini, she decided to take herself to her local vape shop 'Smokey Joe's' in Rugby.

On arrival she explained she knew nothing and needed some advice, this is the point where it all went wrong. She presented the member of staff with her Topbox mini, with the pre-installed Ni200 coil (please note - Ni200!) They then kindly demonstrated how to use the device (incorrectly I might add).

They advised her that the coil she had in (Ni200) needed to be used in wattage mode. And also that the Nichrome coil also in the box wasn't suitable to be used with the Topbox.

Maybe this is just me, but why are vendors giving such awful information. Anyone working in that environment should be more than aware that Ni200 should only be used in temp control mode and never dry burnt or used in wattage mode!

They are also selling liquid in non CLP compliant bottles....what a fail.

Sorry for the public burn just thought it was necessary!

People seem to think they know more than they actually do. Not everyone in a vape shop is there because its a hobby mind you.
Employees should go through some sort of training imo, obviously lacking in that shop.

The amount of stories cropping up of the misinformation thats been coming out of B&Ms is getting ridiculous

And this is why we as a community still get targeted.
Takes a few hours to train your staff. No excuses at all.

2 of the 3 staff in a shop up here don't vape. One is still a smoker. How's that work?

Easy sales atm, lot of profit in running a vape store and it's arguably a lot more complex than smoking so you can feed your common punter any nonsense.

The NI200 comment is downright dodgey. Toxic gasses are not good for you in the slightest.

What's this 35A battery?

I try to see if from the other point of view, that there is a lot of Vape gear and it's hard to know everything about every product, but am scratching my head at this one. The topbox is not exactly an unknown kit, nor is it particularly difficult to get to grips with - it's sold as a beginner kit for Cheesecake!

Sad. If I had not been sold a decent setup at the moment I was receptive to it, I probably wouldn't be on this forum, I probably wouldn't be vaping. That guy in that shop that one day was all the difference between someone discovering vaping, or someone walking out thinking "this just isn't for me". Or worse, someone getting injured from trusting someone not qualified to have trust put in them.

Personally I'd prefer to have someone say "ooh, you know what, I'm not 100% sure about that particular aspect, let me find out for you" than to give me potentially dangerous information.

Ugh when I first joined the Forum, when I was in Egypt, I was so jealous of everyone being able to walk into a b&m and actually test juice, talk to people who knew what they were doing, but now I'm glad that every step of the way I had you guys holding my hand instead.

And this is why we as a community still get targeted.
Takes a few hours to train your staff. No excuses at all.

2 of the 3 staff in a shop up here don't vape. One is still a smoker. How's that work?

How on earth are non vapers employed in a vape shop? And a smoker? Does he stand outside the shop smoking?

Even if the owner isn't a vaper, you'd think their priority would be to employ people who now their stuff - there can't be a shortage of vapers looking for work, and it's also very reassuring for customers to see the staff vaping.

Another story as to why i advise people not to use B&m's full stopit seems most of them not all mind know fook all about vaping and are just in it to make money without a care for the consumer. it's also a reason the TPD was introduced.
The problem also lies with the fact that some consumers trust b&m's and don't know about places like this great forum.
Tobacconists would never sell you a load of bus tickets and an ounce of horse shit to smoke i.e give a wrong product or advise . So why the fuck B&M's cant be made to operate with a knowledge of what they are selling and how to use the products correctly is a problem and guess who gets the rough end of it we do because the B&M's cause bad vaping publicity

Sad. If I had not been sold a decent setup at the moment I was receptive to it, I probably wouldn't be on this forum, I probably wouldn't be vaping. That guy in that shop that one day was all the difference between someone discovering vaping, or someone walking out thinking "this just isn't for me". Or worse, someone getting injured from trusting someone not qualified to have trust put in them.

This is was my experience too - happily! Walked in to my local b&M on a pure whim, the Kangertech Top EVOD thingy I came out with is awful when I try it now but at the time it was just the right thing to get me started. I then got an Aspire K4 quick start jobbie (again on the advice of the sanme guy at the same b&M) as I'm still don't really understand all the ins and outs of the stuff you can buy with regards to vaping - and I bet in 6 months time I'll look back on that with a chuckle and will have summat with more whistles and bells. I can't imagine that I'd have even walked into the shop had someone been stood outside taking a fag break...it was actually the smell of the vape clouds from inside that drew me in...smelled more like a bakery!!
In a vape shop staff should be trained and at least have some interest in what they're selling, there's more at stake than just a lost sale when a potential new customer/vaper just decides to walk away and carry on smoking :(

Back
Top Bottom