What's new

TFA Flavours - all the gear no idea, recipe help please.

I accidentally found a recipe earlier today:

2 x Demon Killer 'Alien' coils (from cheap multipack) uncleaned
6ml Vape Avenue L P Crust
2 strands of Cotton Bacon

Flavour is a mixture of Lemon Pie and a shopping trolley.

I call it L P Barbed Wire

I can only echo what the others have said and admit, my start to DIY was much the same. Picking out flavours because of their names and assuming that a good Apple Pie and cream recipe simply needs TFA Apple Pie + TFA Bavarian Cream. It just doesn't work like that. When you visit, All the flavours and other recipe sites, take the time to read the mixers attached notes as it will give you an insight into how mixing ACTUALLY works.

Early on, I got myself a subscription to DIYorDIE. It's basically a blog/magazine by a renowned mixer called Wayne Walker and he writes articles about all aspects of mixing and regularly does features on cloning of top commercial juices, flavour profiles and lots more. I learn a lot from this source.

It's taken about a year, but finally I have a respectable collection of concentrates including most of the backbone flavours that are used in 90% of most recipes.

The more you read, the more you figure out which concentrates to get.
Yeah I agree with all that's been said, my problem was as you said, picked flavours that seemed safe to go together, but most recipes I've wanted to do are mixtures of Capella TFA and others, I need to put more research before my next shopping frenzy.

I did see DIYorDIE site and was tempted to join, so it's worth the membership fee?

Yeah I agree with all that's been said, my problem was as you said, picked flavours that seemed safe to go together, but most recipes I've wanted to do are mixtures of Capella TFA and others, I need to put more research before my next shopping frenzy.

I did see DIYorDIE site and was tempted to join, so it's worth the membership fee?

Well, there are lots and lots of articles on all the mainstay flavours from all the coolest concentrate companies. and many many good recipes and many good beginner guides. I like it but I can't say if you will like it. If money is tight, I daresay there are other free sources of this kind of stuff, like Reddit has some very good mixing forums.

Errr, TFA Rainbow drops. That's a seriously overpowering flavour.
Go easy on that one. Start low, 2%. I never could get on with that one. Word of warning. Be prepared to waste a coil on that one alone. You cant get the flavour out of your coil when you do a flavour change, everything will have it in the background. It can linger in the tank a bit too. A real clingy flavour. I threw it out.

Iv made the exact same mistake. Iv bought £30 of flavours and only now realising i should of got recipies first. If i give a list of flavours iv bought could a diy guru help me out to make something a bit spesh =)?

List of flavours
Screenshot_20180117-141550.png

Iv made the exact same mistake. Iv bought £30 of flavours and only now realising i should of got recipies first. If i give a list of flavours iv bought could a diy guru help me out to make something a bit spesh =)?

Sign up to e-liquid-recipes.com. Add your flavours to your Flavour Stash. Click the button that says ‘what can I make’. Order by rating. Job done.

Thank you. Shall give that a go right away. Rookie mistake that iv quickly learnt from lol

Back
Top Bottom