What's new

HELP a sub ohm DTL idiot with an idiots guide please!

DaveCarrick

Initiate
Firstly I apologise for stupid questions and probably ones that have been asked 100 times over.

I use to smoke cigarettes then mouth to lung and now trying sub ohm direct to lung but cannot get my head round it. What I am wanting is a smooth, great taste Vape, 3mg nicotine with no too much throat hit.

So I own a voopoo drag s pro with the 5.5ml tpp x tank and can use any of the following coils:

TPP-DM1 0.15ohm Coil - 60w - 80w

TPP-DM2 0.2ohm Coil - 40w - 60w

TPP-DM3 Mesh 0.15Ohm: 80 - 100W

TPP-DM4 Mesh 0.3Ohm: 32-40W

I am not a “cloud chaser” as such, just want a nice flavoursome direct to lung Vape with my 3mg nicotine.

So I’m using the DM4 coil at present - 0.3Ohm at 35W. No idea if this is the best choice from the above for what I am looking for.

I currently use Double Drip Coil Sauce which is 80/20. Again don’t know if I’m using the right eliquid.

I want a nice mixed fruit type full flavour Vape.

someone help me out please!!

Hey man
Welcome firstly don't apologise no question is stupid bud!

So you've got of to a good start it's a decent kit you've got with plenty of coil options.

The problem is vaping is totally subjective so it's all about finding what is right for you whether that be in coils or eliquids.

The Dm4 coil you've chosen is a dceent coil but maybe more towards a restricted direct lung vape, it may be worth trying the 0.2 coil option it requires abit more power and may give you the smoother vape you're after.

In terms of fruits flavours you won't go wrong with prime vapes also take a look at the trusted suppliers list on the forum and browse through sites man

Good luck
Sam

Thanks man. Really appreciate the quick response and a decent answer. I do have a stupid question…do you always shake eliquid before you fill up even if it’s a 10ml, 50mk etc?

back in the day 80vg was only used for drippers or rda/rta where you built your own coils.
70vg has always been the best for shop bought ready made coils as majority cant handle the thicker juice.
what nic shot did you add to your juice. was it 100vg?
whenever i get a 80vg juice i will always use 100pg nic shots but if i habvnt got any i will use a 70/30 or 50/50 nic shot to thin the juice down.
if i use 80vg a coil may last one or two days at best. if i use 70vg same coil could last 7-10 days.

I dont buy many fruits but its worth a look through the range at Prime Vapes
nasty juice do decent fruits
im vaping apples and pears at the moment from drip drop
few decent fruits ive tried from cotswold vapour.
now the marmite effect, you will either love or hate this one. and you will need a seperate tank as you will never get rid of the taste from the tank. Heizenburg from vampire vapes.

all links can be found here POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

edit
always good idea to give a quick shake. i dont bother with 10ml bottles but any shortfill where ive added a nic shot need shaking to death for a good few minutes. then let it settle for a few hours and shake again. i usually give shortfills 1-2 days to settle but as i mainly vape custards i give them weeks.

The double drip is 80/20 3mg in a 10ml bottle so comes already mixed and didn’t need to add nic to it. Not buying anything bigger until I get it right

What is it you’re not getting with your current set up? Is it not enough flavour? Not enough of a nic hit? Not enough clouds? Too much clouds? What is it that isn’t working for you?

Want more flavour, nic hit is ok, clouds alright but could be less, not a big cloud chaser,

sub ohm direct to lung = clouds, plain and simple. smaller cloud and restricted is the opposite.
to get more flavour on a sub ohm you need higher wattage which creates much bigger clouds with airflow open.
sounds like dtl is not what your after. sounds like restricted dtl would be better but then your using lower wattage which means less cloud and flavour so in other words what your using now.

The mid range coils they have now, the freemax firluke, ms, i think a cpl other, the voopoo dm, vaporesso coil of the month, innokin plex, aspire nautilus and their new lines

All make enough vapor to block my view entirely if driving if the window isnt open. All of them runn about 20 watts or under. Technically they are all subohm, but those r the coils i think u would probably like

(In other words, u r in the right range as mrdj said, u just need tweeking...or u need to rethink what u r after, first did u try lowering the wattage and going up? If u go too high, the flavor will drop off)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom