What's new

Changing Vape Flavours?

polishingturds

Initiate
I've been vaping for a few weeks now and have a question for the "seasoned pro's" on here that i could do with a bit of help on please - when you change flavour, what is your routine?

I've read/watched numerous different ideas, from simply just re-filling with the new flavour to washing out your gear to even buying a special "cleaner" that neutralises any previous flavour!

Just wondering what experiences you guys have had and what is best from your point of view, cheers.

Just bang it in mate. The taste of the previous juice won't linger for too long, maybe a tankful at most. Unless it's a menthol and you're trying to add a dessert and then you're screwed.

Just bang it in mate. The taste of the previous juice won't linger for too long, maybe a tankful at most. Unless it's a menthol and you're trying to add a dessert and then you're screwed.

LOL, yeah, I just bought my first menthol to try and was wondering (currently on Grape American Soda - not a nice combo). I had been taking it all apart and cleaning but to be honest its a ballache and so far the only downside to vaping versus smoking!! Looks like "banging it in" is the way to go! Cheers

LOL, yeah, I just bought my first menthol to try and was wondering (currently on Grape American Soda - not a nice combo). I had been taking it all apart and cleaning but to be honest its a ballache and so far the only downside to vaping versus smoking!! Looks like "banging it in" is the way to go! Cheers

You could clean the tank and glass to minimise the crossover if you like but I wouldn't soak the coil or anything like that. Going from a fuity juice to a menthol probably won't be that bad tbh. It's worse the other way around so I'd use the coil you have in now with menthol till it's done or you'll have a menthol tinge to anything you put in after it.

I just chuck it in, you can get some weird flavour combos for a tank or so, but settles down quite quick.

If there's life left in the old coil you could put it in a little baggy to keep and reuse.
Wash the tank and pop in a new coil.

Something I used to do before going over to rebuildables

If there's life left in the old coil you could put it in a little baggy to keep and reuse.
Wash the tank and pop in a new coil.

Something I used to do before going over to rebuildables

It's a good idea, someone i know does similar and he is super organised, so he has a drawer full of half used coils with what flavour was in there written on them!! lol

It will get easier soon. Once shinyitis kicks in that is. Now I've got more tanks than there is flavours out there so don't have this issue [emoji1]

It will get easier soon. Once shinyitis kicks in that is. Now I've got more tanks than there is flavours out there so don't have this issue [emoji1]

Too true. There's always justification for a new mod or tank :18:

Basically anything with a similar flavour or vape profile should be fine to just put in one after the other. Or anything that goes well together IRL.

Its a bit like mixing your food really. If you're on a custard and want to swap to a fruit then that can actually be quite pleasant during the cross over, so you get a strawberry or raspberry custard for example.

Id strongly advise against mixing with menthols or things with coolants as that can be quite awful! A bit like eating something lovely after brushing your teeth! Only problem is it can taint the entire tank/atty.

If you have something special id always start with a clean atty and cotton though.

Back
Top Bottom