What's new

Unofficial diy allotment

Thanks for the recipe @Simon G
Really enjoying your Pistachio Chow, I only steeped it for 3 days before giving it a try and I can see it turning into a regular brew.
If I tasted it blind though I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be able to name any of the flavours, it’s a bit of an enigma that Chow.

Thanks for the recipe @Simon G
Really enjoying your Pistachio Chow, I only steeped it for 3 days before giving it a try and I can see it turning into a regular brew.
If I tasted it blind though I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be able to name any of the flavours, it’s a bit of an enigma that Chow.

no worries, nice to hear people are enjoying it.

The family are buggering off for a couple of weeks tomorrow so I'll have plenty of time on my hands. I've mixed 50ml of chow with the purpose of trying different flavours in them. On the list so far are banana, coconut, ginger, coffee, custard and sicilian lemon. I'll let you know how I get on with them.

The family are buggering off for a couple of weeks tomorrow so I'll have plenty of time on my hands. I've mixed 50ml of chow with the purpose of trying different flavours in them. On the list so far are banana, coconut, ginger, coffee, custard and sicilian lemon. I'll let you know how I get on with them.
They'll all work but the coconut at same percentage as the chow is probably the best of the rest but give it a few days to blend and mellow.
If its the flavourah one keep the overall percentage below 8 or it'll be sweeeeeeeeeet!

I make this for DTL but it should sit very well as an MTL recipie.

20190809_141751.jpg

Tonight Im on.......

RY-Whore 18%
Butterscotch Ripple FW 2%
Pistachio FA 1%
Digestive Biscuit chefs 2%

That depends on the coconut surely @StrawberryRipple ? FA is too strong above 1% and INW only needs bout 0.5%.

The chow is too much, I think it’s full of sweetener of some kind. I like it briefly but very quickly it becomes sickly. People saying it’s savoury, or not sweet, have lost the plot, I would say.

Been working on a DTL Spearmint and Pistachio Ice Cream which should also go well as an MTL recipie.
I'll post it once ive got the spearmint part ballanced.

@Rickster have you tried https://chefsflavours.co.uk/fried-dough-flavorah/ ?
I've got some on route and looking forward to it.

No, looks like you need to be careful with the %......looks a tad too sweet for me.... im on the borderline of sweetness with what Im on tonight......Im going to have to drop the pistachio n butterscotch down, along with the Whore and increase the biscuit.... and get the mix to 20% or under....let us know how it is though

Last edited:
I’m puffing some FA glory at the minute. Fuck knows what percentage I mixed it at, I found it lying about after about a year or so. But it’s much better than this chow carry on. Very slightly sweet with nuts and a nice savoury overtone.

Back
Top Bottom