What's new

About to start my BB journey :-)

I always have a Boro on the go with a 0.7 Nautilus coil in, very good at about 15w with a Mtl condensation plug in, I’m going to try the new Mesh coils next time.

Thought I finally cracked the Vapeshell earlier!

Had a great vape from it, simple 28g round SS wire, really nice even at 17w....until I went to refill! Leak city again! Must be a wicking issue I’m having here, I didn’t fluff them this time just cut along the decks edges and pushed them down slightly then a poke up through the juice channels. The glass was a little tight to pull down then had the suction sound and juice pouring out the air holes.

Having more success with the Excocets & Insider, will be getting another Insider up soon.

Right, I've had this.
First question, do you use airflow reducers...? The reason I ask is I don't and I was having the same problem. Most of the Apes commenting are MTL vapers, so I reckon that the reducers prevent the gush problem.
What I ended up doing, is after a new build, I would leave the filled Boro sat on a kitchen towel. I noticed that some juice would seep out but stop after a few drips came through the airflow hole on the bottom of the pin on the VS. Once this had happened, it didn't chuck any more juice.
So if you, like me, are a DTL vaper, take the tank out to fill it. You can get away with a top up, but to fill the Boro I always take it out and let it settle.
I don't have this problem any more, but it is a pain in the arse when it happens.

Right, I've had this.
First question, do you use airflow reducers...? The reason I ask is I don't and I was having the same problem. Most of the Apes commenting are MTL vapers, so I reckon that the reducers prevent the gush problem.
What I ended up doing, is after a new build, I would leave the filled Boro sat on a kitchen towel. I noticed that some juice would seep out but stop after a few drips came through the airflow hole on the bottom of the pin on the VS. Once this had happened, it didn't chuck any more juice.
So if you, like me, are a DTL vaper, take the tank out to fill it. You can get away with a top up, but to fill the Boro I always take it out and let it settle.
I don't have this problem any more, but it is a pain in the arse when it happens.
Interesting about the reducers. Have you tried it with a reducer in it to see if it’s any different?

I always have a Boro on the go with a 0.7 Nautilus coil in, very good at about 15w with a Mtl condensation plug in, I’m going to try the new Mesh coils next time.

I’ve got a pack of 0.7’s here to try this week. The mesh heads are nice, I think I’ll keep that set up for the commute to work.

Right, I've had this.

Interesting about the reducers. Have you tried it with a reducer in it to see if it’s any different?

Yeah tried with & without, after what you’ve said I think it was the she’ll put back together the wrong way, I’ve read the authentic clicks into place? I couldn’t get it to seal one way and the other way just closed but wasn’t a solid fit, maybe that’s why it was opening?

Not tried it yet @Discomatt I don't get the same leaks any more, but I may give it a whirl to see.

Yeah tried with & without, after what you’ve said I think it was the she’ll put back together the wrong way, I’ve read the authentic clicks into place? I couldn’t get it to seal one way and the other way just closed but wasn’t a solid fit, maybe that’s why it was opening?

If you're talking about the Vapeshell body, it only fits properly with the logos on the same side, so if you're mismatching the body, that might be your problem. The original does indeed fit together better, (it lines up better), but my original was the first one to do this.

Well took the plunge and ordered the authentic VapeShell from Vapetime.

Keep your fingers & toes crossed for me! Hoping I can get this one to sing!

Back
Top Bottom