What's new

FM's Freemax Marvos X 100w Kit Review

ForestMagpie

Veteran
picture 1.png

What a spiffing day for a review huh, well POTV you’ve come to the right place as today I’ll be reviewing the Freemax Marvos X 100W kit. @Freemaxtech sent me this for the purpose of review but I receive no payment for my reviews and I have no affiliation with Freemax. What follows are my own thoughts and experiences with this product. Right, now we’ve got that bit out of the way, let’s vape and see what this kit is all about.

Freemax are marketing this as “Full Spectrum Vaping for Pod Mod” and state that “Marvos X 100W kit is the first pod mod equipped with a fantastic lighting design and brand new Double-D Mesh coil technology. A light show and new coil technology designed to give you better flavour? Sign me up! Oh you did, OK well will this live up to my expectations? or will this just fade and flicker out like an old bulb, forever to live in the darkness, untouched and unloved? Dramatic maybe but let’s disco, I mean go…

PICTURE 2.JPG

As you can, included in the kit we have:

Marvos X 100W Mod
Marvos CRC Pod
0.15ohm MS-D Mesh Coil – rated 60-80w
0.25ohm MS-D Mesh Coil – rated 30-50w
USB-C charging cable
User Guide
Warranty Card/Warning Card

It’s all nice and neatly packaged and I like the packaging design, I’ll give them kudos for the user manual as well as it’s very detailed and walks you through all of the menu options so I don’t have to. The kit comes in a series of designs all inspired by Roman Gods, there’s the God of War variant inspired by Mars which comes in Grey and Light Blue, there’s the Horse variant which is inspired by Neptune which comes in Brown and Green then there’s the Eagle variant inspired by Jupiter which comes in Black and the one I was sent – Navy Blue.

Time for some specs:

SPECS.png

“He who dares my son, he who dares!” Jip, Human Traffic

Now then, anyone who reads my reviews will note that I normally have a theme to them and I insert random quotes here and there and you’ll be pleased to know this one is no exception. Normally it’s 80s/90s kids TV programmes but due to the light show on this mod (we’ll get to that) I’m going with the greatest film about clubbing ever made – Human Traffic of course. Anyway, as you’ll see this is a 100W single 18650 mod with new pod tank and damn does it look good. The moment I took it out of the packaging I knew I loved how it looks. The sleek design with transparent front looks great and the leather panel on the back looks and feels delightful, it feels solid and has a nice weight to it so Freemax have done an excellent job with the styling and build quality.

The leather back panel houses the battery, it’s held in place by 2 strong magnets which you just pull off to reveal the battery sled. No latches, no catches just a nice simple way to get at the battery for an easy change. On the front you have the fire button, + & - buttons, the charging port and at the bottom a small locking switch. The locking switch is a great idea, you just flick it to the left and it locks the device which is really handy when you just want to pop the device in your pocket and not want to bother with turning it on and off every time you reach for it. 5 clicks of the fire button turns on the device and 5 more turns it off. You can lock the +&- buttons if you wish by pressing them together for 1s – pressing these individually turns the wattage up or down in 0.5w increments.
3 clicks of the fire button open the options menu which gives you the options of Mode, Set & Exit:

Mode – choose from:

Power – basic power mode
Smart – automatically sets the power at the lowest rating for the coil and won’t let you exceed the highest wattage for the coil
VPC – Variable Power Curve – you can use this to set power curves if you so wish
Bypass – Voltage Mode

Set – choose from:

Theme Colour – Choose the screen colour from Light Blue, Dark Blue, Purple, Green, Orange or Random.
LED Control – Control the light show. You can set the colour balance, the brightness, the speed and the effect as well as turn the lights off altogether.
Puff – Reset the puff counter
Reset – performs a factory reset.

You can read more about all this on the Freemax website as I’m only covering the basics as this is a review and not a full scale tutorial otherwise I’d make you all sit quietly whilst I got my laser pointer out.

PICTURE 3.JPG

“Reach for the lasers. Safe as fuck” – Jeremy Faxman, Human Traffic

You want to hear about the lights, don’t you? OK then, here we go. As you can see from the picture the front panel of the mod lights up and the outline of the battery sled does too, in fact the whole battery sled lights up which you can see if you take off the back panel. Whether you like the lights or not is going to be purely personal preference but I’m a sucker for fancy LEDs and this really appeals to me! So much so that every time I vape, I want to turn all the lights off, hop on the last train to transcentral with the KLF and burn a million quid. The KLF is gonna rock you remember and in my eyes, this definitely rocks. I do wish they’d included an option to control the length of the lights though as they go on for quite a while and the ability to set the length yourself would have been a nice option.
The mod isn’t all about the lights though as it’s actually a very nice mod even without the lights. The buttons are all nice to press and really responsive, the locking slider is very welcome, the screen shows all the detail you need including the mode, though I personally like battery % rather than just a bar. The battery is easy to change and the airflow ring has a nice knurling on and has just the right amount of resistance, it’s just right. I do wish they would have a 510 adapter for this as on it’s own, I would use this mod every day.

PICTURE 4.jpg

“The Emperor….wants to conquer outer space. Yoda… wants to explore inner space, and that is the fundamental difference between the good and the bad side of the force” – Moff, Human Traffic

The pod is plastic with metal top and bottom and sits nicely in the top and is held in place by the magnets on the bottom of the pod. The magnets maybe aren’t quite strong enough, it’s easy to remove the pod but if you flick the mod, it can come loose and the pod does have some wobble to it but you wont notice that when vaping. The coils are inserted into the pod at the bottom and are simple push and pull and really easy to fit and replace. At the top you have a removeable drip tip and to fill the pod you lift the top cap and slide to reveal the fill port. Whilst top fill on a pod is very welcome indeed, I do feel like this needs a bit of work. The lift and slide is a great idea but I would like to be able to do this with just my thumb but because the pod tilts then if I try this way it pops the whole pod out so it’s best to use 2 hands. Once revealed the fill port looks a nice size but unless you are using a 10ml bottle to fill then filling is awkward, you either have to remove the drip tip to fill or you can hold the bottle at an awkward angle and fill but do this slowly or you’ll end up covering everything in liquid. Outside of the UK the pod will hold 5ml of liquid but thanks to TPD we get the 2ml capacity.
Freemax have also made sure that all the Marvos range is cross-compatible so all the other Marvos range pods will fit on this device and all the coils are compatible across the Marvos range too which is very welcome.

PICTURE 5.jpg

“This could turn Hare Krishna into a bad boy” – Koop, Human Traffic

Here’s the important bit, how does it vape? How does it perform? Well I started with the 0.25ohm coil which is rated 30w – 50w and Freemax state the best wattage is 45w. I primed the coil, loaded up the pod with Unicorn Shake and off I went. I started with my wattage low and upped it every few puffs to bed the coil in. The flavour starts to come through at about 20w and I took this all the way up to 50w and adjusted the airflow and wattage until I found the best vape for me which was at 42w with the airflow 2/3rds open. This gave me a delightfully flavourful vape, plenty of vapour, the airflow was nice and smooth and oh man did I mention the flavour? Imagine you’re vaping this on a nice warm night, you vape and relax in your favourite chair in the garden but then suddenly you realise that the lights that are flashing aren’t just from this but they are in the sky. You try to run into the house but it’s too late, you are beamed up to the UFO but as you do so you pass out. You wake to find you are in a strange bright room and all you can hear are voices in a language you don’t understand, you’re scared as the voices sound aggressive when suddenly a door slides open, you feel like you can’t breathe and it’s hot, it oh so hot, you need a drink, you fall to your knees, your life flashes in-front of your eyes. This is it you think, it’s the end and you know it, you had a good life and you prepare to meet your maker when suddenly an ice cold bottle of water rolls into your path and comes to a rest against your knees, you pick it up, you fumble it open and take a large gulp of that refreshing water and the satisfaction as the cold water slides down your throat is intense, that’s kind of what this is like, it’s satisfying, it has bags of flavour and just a straight up fantastic vape.

Now onto the 0.15ohm coil which is rated 60w – 80w and Freemax state that the best is 75w. Again I started low wattage and worked up, adjusting the airflow as I went to find my sweet spot, this happened to be 70w with the airflow about ¾ open. The flavour again is a delight and there’s vapour galore, wow it’s satisfying and rich and deep, tasty indeed. This coil is again a delight and a truly lovely vape but you’ll be changing batteries much more often as well as filling all the time due to the 2ml TPD. I really can’t fault either of these coils but I personally prefer the slightly cooler vape of the 0.25ohm coil.

picture 6.jpg

“Nice one bruvva!” – Jip & Moff, Human Traffic

Conclusion

OK so, here we go, I love the lights, I love the way the kit looks and in terms of vape quality it’s simply outstanding in my opinion. The build quality is superb, changing coils and batteries is nice and easy, the FM2.0 chip just works a treat and the flavour from both coils is just fantastic and I got a good 10 days out of each one before the flavour dropped off. The airflow works well and gives a good range from very open to a good RDL if you so wish. Put simply, the vape quality from this kit is one of the best I’ve had in a long time and is easily one of my favourites this year, it’s really that good.

The whole package isn’t perfect though, the option of a 510 adapter would have been a huge bonus, given the size they could have made it a single 21700 as at the wattages for the coils you’re going to be replacing batteries quite often although the lights didn’t seem to make much of a difference to the battery life. The pod doesn’t quite sit securely in the top and the filling method needs work as it can be very awkward to fill. I will also mention that you will be filling this a lot due to the 2ml of TPD and I know that’s not Freemax’s fault but it’s worth mentioning.

The niggles I have with this do not detract from how much I love this kit, if you are a DL vaper then this would be an outstanding addition to your collection as the vape quality and flavour are really that good.

FM Out.

Great review bud!

Would match my keyboard perfectly (it fades through the colours too)...

81L8fk7SGQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Nice review!

I don't like the flashy bits :D it's like being seen in the middle of a night from miles away like a sore thumb:D

Imagine as I work nights this is flashing under a lantern lol - there he is let hook hi.m up LoL

Back
Top Bottom