What's new

Thoughts On The Sxmini Puremax

Netvaper

Achiever
I bought this as an easy to use, light, pocket friendly pod for when I’m out and about for a few hours or so that hopefully would have decent flavour and be leak free plus the temperature control piqued my interest as I’ve never used that. These are my thoughts after using it for a week.

It’s very light (59g), seems well made and is comfy to hold and use. The 1050mAh battery easily lasted long enough for out and about use and charges quickly, the remaining charge is shown via 4 green LEDS though it’s not the easiest to check. Three pods are available, 0.6, 0.8 and 1.2ohm with fixed SS mesh coils. The supplied drip is ok but a nice feature is you can use your own 510 ones, I did, replacement pods don’t come with a drip tip though you can buy them separately. The user manual and a couple of information/tips cards are actually worthwhile.

The pod fits snugly and is held securely, refilling is easy via a slide up door and a wide fill hole on one side and can be done without removing the pod, the other side has a minimum juice level mark though the dark tint doesn’t make it easy to see the level but it has dry hit protection.

On one side is a single button to turn it off/on and to select one of the 4 power levels plus an airflow adjuster, it’s auto draw only. The power levels for the coils are; 0.6 (14.5w, 16w, 18.5w, 22w), 0.8 (14w, 15w, 16.5w, 18w), 1.2 (11.5, 12.5w, 13.5w, ---) but with temperature control I assume the chipset automatically adjusts these when vaping. It’s a pity they didn’t use all 4 power levels for the 1.2 as it would happily run at less than 11.5w. The pods have the ohms and wattage range printed on them, recommended juice ratios are up to 70VG for the 0.6ohm and 50/50 for the others. The airflow adjuster is stiff enough to not move accidentally, I found it works best when it’s closed down more and not so well when more open. I tried the 0.6 pod that came with it but used the 1.2ohm (both hold 4ml) with a 50/50 NET as it suited me much more, I didn't find it overly thirsty. I’ve only used it out and about for a week so can’t say how long the pods last, time will tell.

I’d prefer a fire button but the auto draw works well enough though it often makes a slight buzzing noise and the chipset can cut power if you take a prolonged draw, neither bothered me. Flavour is very decent as is the mtl draw and the pods have been bone dry so I’m happy to say it does what I bought it for. :2thumbsup:

Details and pics etc.

http://yihisxmini.com/productview/270.html

The OG pods last for ages. I'm still using one from the kit I got from Expo in October. It's not heavily used but other pods have given up long before these, either burnt out or wick fail. Others who got them at Expo have had 2-3 months out of them, using 50/50 and 70/30.

We’ve got them in for review so more detailed opinions will be coming soon but I have to say I’m really impressed, the flavour is up there with the very best. There are niggles as there are with any kit but they pale in to insignificance as soon as you take a puff and get that flavour. Temp control pod kits are the future, or at least they deserve to be if the cool max is anything to go by.

I've only had mine for a few days, but the flavour is excellent.
I haven't noticed any buzzing noise, and it hasn't cut out on me yet.
I'm using the 0.6 coil it came with on the 3rd highest power setting. I can get a pretty good RDTL vape with the airflow about mid point.
Loving it up to now.

I am a rubbish reviewer as I get really shy about my reviews but this is a kit that really is a cut above the rest so I’m happy to announce our official review is live now. If I sound enthusiastic in the main review, it’s only a small reflection of how much I love the PureMax. I am a total flavour whore, my autism gives me the superpower of having stupidly sensitive tastebuds along with massively heightened sense of smell (along with my other basic senses which are all crazy sensitive) so vaping works purely on flavour for me personally, and the PureMax hands down delivers the best flavour I’ve ever had from a stock coil kit.

Just ordered myself one of these today after realising I'd given all my pod kits away to people I know.

Looking forward to getting it now.

I've just ordered a 2nd one. Spotted Avalanche Vapes have them at £18 so couldn't resist.

I've just ordered a 2nd one. Spotted Avalanche Vapes have them at £18 so couldn't resist.

You could have told me that yesterday @DMAN 🤣 Serves me right for not searching well enough. I'm happy enough to have paid full price if it's as good as it seems.

You could have told me that yesterday @DMAN 🤣 Serves me right for not searching well enough. I'm happy enough to have paid full price if it's as good as it seems.
Just noticed it myself this morning mate.:)

It's not the 'second coming' and I wouldn't say the vape is better than my Nautilus 3 with a 1.ohm mesh coil it in but I don't think you'd be disappointed with this pod, I've no regrets buying it.

Back
Top Bottom