What's new

Wotofo Manik Mini Pod

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Roll up... roll up

Hello my fellow vape Apes, today we have a product I was lucky enough to win in a competition from wotofo

This review is my own thoughts and has nothing to do with POTV or wotofo. Nor have I been paid for my review.

I was very happy and excited to win this product, having previously reviewed the manik pod system which I loved. I recieved this in great hopes this will be on par with that device just stealthier and built for MTL.
Let's get cracking on this review of the wotofo manik mini.

About the pod device...

The wotofo manik mini pod is the smaller brother to the manik pod system. Both style the manik logo imprinted down the side if the basketball leather stitched cover. Its primarily made from zinc alloy, PCTG and leather meaning its lightweight and compact. They claim this to be a MTL pod device but with the included coils and there wattage range I was sceptical from the off.

20210209_144642.jpg

In the box...

1 x Manik Mini Device

1 x M12 nexMESH Coil Replacement Pod(pre-installed)

1 x M11 Parallel Coil Replacement Pod

1 x Charging Cable

1 x User Manual

20210209_141244.jpg

Specs...
Size: 92 x 28 x16mm
Main Material: Zinc Alloy & PCTG
Battery: Built-in 1000mAh Battery
Output: 1-30W
Screen: 0.69 inch OLED Display
Charging: Micro USB, DC 5V/1.2A
Charging Time: 60 minutes
Capacity: 2ml(TPD)

Device...
This device comes in a total of 8 different colours I received the Black with red stitching as part of my giveaway win.
20210214_092857.jpg
First thing you notice straight out the box is just how small this device is, I got a 30ml bottle of juice out and it was the same height as that, just to give you a visual picture of how tiny and compact it is.
20210209_141538.jpg
It's well packaged with the usual wotofo clear plastic lid showing the product and the 2 pods provided, unlike other wotofo products I didnt spend 30 minutes wrestling this box open, theyve either loosend the packaging or ive got stronger..

20210209_141214.jpg

The device houses a 1000MaH battery and has a max output of 30W it's a very simple device with 1 button which does everything it's the usual 5 clicks on, 5 clicks off. The same button 3 times flashes the Wattage which you then hold to scroll through to find your desired wattage (1W increments) leaving it to flash on ths wattage for 3 seconds will then set that for you. Holding the fire button will reset the puff counter.
On the screen it shows you the usual, Wattage, puff counter, battery bar, ohms and voltage. It's a small screen which could become a problem for some people but with a device this tiny theres not alot more they could change about that. The 1 massive Pro I have for the screen is the battery bar has a number percentage in so you know exactly where your battery is.
20210209_144639.jpg
This device has a non adjustable airflow and is auto draw with no button firing option, so far for me I've had no problems with the auto fire. Its charged via micro usb which I always think is a weird one in this day and age but with its fast charging capability and pass through charging vape it fully charges in around 1 hour.

Pods...

This device comes with 2 pods, both are 0.6ohm coils which are non removable 1 parallel #m11 18-22W and 1 #m12 nexM coil 15-18W (mesh). Both of which are 3ml capacity (2ml TPD)
This was a massive disappointment for me, having learnt from the big manik pod system wotofo make decent coils and to have this device where you can't change them and have to throw the whole pod away, was a major disappoint to me. Also these both claim to be MTL pods but with the wattages of the coils I was also abit dubious thinking these may be more RDL or a very loose MTL. The mouthpiece is a duck style cap and although its quite a small bore it still feels abit to much for a MTL. There refilled via a small silicone bung on the side of the pod personal I think a clip on and off mouth piece would have been better. Although it's a tinted pod I've had no issue seeing my juice level.
20210209_144702.jpg
20210209_144652.jpg

I started with the the #M12 coil as I thought it would be a better MTL vape I filled the pod up leaving it for 10 minutes and started low on 10W slowly building it up straight away without adjustable airflow I knew you weren't going to get a tight MTL to how I like it but the further up the wattages I got nothing much changed. I eventually found my sweet spot at 12W lower than reccomended. This for me was the best flavour and the battery life lasted easily a day and half running it at this wattage.
20210209_141354.jpg
20210214_085428.jpg
I then went on to the #M11 pod, primed it and started at a low wattage building it up to 18W theres no way this is a MTL coil it was quite a warm vape with very little flavour and was very airy, I found the sweet spot at 20W this is much more of a RDL vape and quite a warm one.

20210214_084528.jpg
20210214_085441.jpg

Pros and Niggles...

Pros
Very well built device
Easy to use
Looks smart
Small and stealthy

Niggles
Not a real MTL vape
Non changeable coils
Quite a warm vape
Micro usb charging

Overall thoughts...

Overall I was left feeling a little bit disappointed with this little pod system. It had the potential to be a quality little MTL device with the flavour wotofo coils give of from previous experience but it just feels like something is missing. The coil ranges are to much for MTL, so you go lower which then loses the flavour. Its non replaceable coils which for me I just do not understand I've refilled my pod around 5 times and the flavour is starting to drop already so its definitely going to cost more in pods. The system doesnt have adjustable airflow and with devices like the luxe pm40 which houses adjustable airflow, changeable coils I think this manik device will get lost in the market.
I would like to say again a massive thank you to wotofo for the competition and also that these are my own thoughts and dont replicate what the pod system may do for you.

Thanks for reading my review
Sam The Vaping Gardner
20210209_201729.jpg

Great review Sam. Tells us what we need to know. Not for me sadly.

Thanks for the great review matey, a lot less ranty than mine :D Such an odd device, no matter how low I go on the wattage, I still burn my bottom lip.

Thanks for the great review matey, a lot less ranty than mine :D Such an odd device, no matter how low I go on the wattage, I still burn my bottom lip.
Cheers bud! Yeah it's such a shame couple tweaks could have been half decent while yeah that's not good have u tried 50/50, liquid in lower wattage coil?

Great review Sam!

As a DL/RDL vaper I'm wondering how I'll get on with mine. Still waiting on some nic salts to turn up before I open it up though. Hopefully they'll be here in tomorrow's post.

Great review Sam!

As a DL/RDL vaper I'm wondering how I'll get on with mine. Still waiting on some nic salts to turn up before I open it up though. Hopefully they'll be here in tomorrow's post.
I think if u go into it using it a a RDL vape it will be okay mate

Back
Top Bottom