What's new

Lockdown extended by 4 weeks

it’s a real disaster. public health england have said 96% of the new cases are this delta variant. it’s 60%!more transmissible, twice as likely to hospitalise people and the vaccine is less effective against it.

it’s a real disaster. public health england have said 96% of the new cases are this delta variant. it’s 60%!more transmissible, twice as likely to hospitalise people and the vaccine is less effective against it.

you mean the symptoms have changed the R naught is between 6-8 the age range for infection has changed (mainly younger people) and it’s 7000 people per day plus in people having a positive test.

But Boris is looking at what is acceptable in deaths. how many people succumbing to covid is ok to sit with the public? after all deaths from normal flu and other infections are rarely front-page tabloid news it has always been known that just the simple task of washing your hands would save millions of lives per year plus the pressure people get in a job when they do have a common cold to go to work, even though the research papers on people taking a sickie when there not sick is far lower in production loss to when someone goes in and spread an illness around the workplace.

edit I look at South Korea and New Zealand's handling of it and then look at the UK and here it's just been a complete car crash for small island nation the amount of death and infection, job losses, miss management u-turns, half-truths, following the science, stupid schemes, buzz words is just gobsmacking punch yourself in the head

Last edited:
you mean the symptoms have changed the R naught is between 6-8 the age range for infection has changed (mainly younger people) and it’s 7000 people per day plus in people having a positive test.

But Boris is looking at what is acceptable in deaths. how many people succumbing to covid is ok to sit with the public? after all deaths from normal flu and other infections are rarely front-page tabloid news it has always been known that just the simple task of washing your hands would save millions of lives per year plus the pressure people get in a job when they do have a common cold to go to work, even though the research papers on people taking a sickie when there not sick is far lower in production loss to when someone goes in and spread an illness around the workplace.

edit I look at South Korea and New Zealand's handling of it and then look at the UK and here it's just been a complete car crash for small island nation the amount of death and infection, job losses, miss management u-turns, half-truths, following the science, stupid schemes, buzz words is just gobsmacking punch yourself in the head

aye, also we are an island, this should be easier for us. that we would be the country in europe with this new variant ripping through it is pretty shocking. what do you think the possibility of a variant appearing that is resistant to the vaccine and kills a shitload of younger people, like the spanish flu? that would be the worry.

aye, also we are an island, this should be easier for us. that we would be the country in europe with this new variant ripping through it is pretty shocking. what do you think the possibility of a variant appearing that is resistant to the vaccine and kills a shitload of younger people, like the spanish flu? that would be the worry.

Another example of island nations is Malta, earlier in the year it was spreading like wildfire. this week they have very few new cases and no deaths. They realised that it was the younger folks all going out to bars etc that where spreading the virus, They made a mistake allowing a re open huge party at an hotel which led to a mass increase in cases as the virus got spread round and took home to family members etc.
If someone refuses to have the jabs, then go on to catch covid should the NHS treat them?. Should the extended rules apply to those who should be fully protected by both jabs. Again everyone is tarred by the same brush.

Yes, you would treat someone for the flu, even if they hadn't had a flu jab, if available to them.

I get that but the point i am trying to make is, anyone who refuses help in any situation only have themselves to blame, Those refusing the jab are the ones who will carry and spread the virus and they could become the hosts to newer strains. 1 of which could become an untreatable varient that also gets round the jabs. I think the risk is quite a big one as we have already got variants.
I have not been well myself since having the second jab 5 weeks ago but at least i did the right thing. The flu jab i do refuse because both times i did have it i ended up in hospital one and the other time i spent 3 weeks in bed i was so unwell even proper flu doesn't make me feel as ill.

I don't believe them.

Do you think the cases of the India variant will be lower in 4 weeks?

Back
Top Bottom