What's new

ECigs in the TPD Voted Today and this is what happened!

Another issue is that of the media/internet. Clive Bates interprets it as potentially affecting websites that carry advertising or sponsorship from ecig companies. How will that affect forums such as this? I assume there would be a problem funding the site without banner advertising (I don't know whether the EU rules would also affect the marketplace).

I would be willing to pay for membership if it came to it, but it's unlikely we'd attract many new members if the site had to introduce member subscriptions

With regard to home mixing, I'm not sure that they do realise that this goes on. They certainly didn't seem to have much of an idea at the e-cig summit last year...

To be honest, I don't think talking about it is a good idea. I know people won't agree, but there is a very good argument for STFU at the moment, especially as they can still make amendments...

Of course, Australia have a situation where it is illegal to sell nicotine containing liquids, but it is perfectly legal to import for personal use.

I personally interpret what is being introduced as governing commercial supply rather than the DIY market. Well, at least I hope it does...

:D

another possible issue is you'll have cowboys trying to cut industrial grade nicotine like the stuff they use in weedkiller and there'll be deaths

Throughout all this protesting at the TPD I've been waiting for the BIG guns, The Consumer Organisation and Trade Organisation that represent vapers in the UK. Apparently they exist but I've seen precious little evidence of them. Where were the Infographics?, Memes, Press releases, Organised events, Adverts, Requests for crowd funding for National press campaigns, Celebrity endorsements. The only thing I heard was tumbleweeds, and I saw precious little of anything. Whilst our own POTV staff worked themselves to death collecting and publicising info they should not have had to! It should have been flowing to them in a veritable deluge - in fact after 6 months of being a reasonably active vaper and forum member I still could not reliably tell you our consumer organisations website details. To much of our fight has been piecemeal, It needs to be co-ordinated and focused and it needs above all to be NATIONALLY VISIBLE in MAINSTREAM MEDIA...

THIS.

I posed a question to a member of ECCA tonight and received no response.

To my mind ECCA and ECITA have been far too quiet. I know that people volunteer and have lives outside of doing what they do but these organisations have been virtually invisible throughout this.

The focal point seems to have been Clive Bates' blog and Dave Dorn, and then just for ideas rather than coordination.

There is room for a membership organisation where the subs go to paying a couple of people to work full-time on getting shit done.

With regard to home mixing, I'm not sure that they do realise that this goes on. They certainly didn't seem to have much of an idea at the e-cig summit last year...

To be honest, I don't think talking about it is a good idea. I know people won't agree, but there is a very good argument for STFU at the moment, especially as they can still make amendments...

Of course, Australia have a situation where it is illegal to sell nicotine containing liquids, but it is perfectly legal to import for personal use.

I personally interpret what is being introduced as governing commercial supply rather than the DIY market. Well, at least I hope it does...

:D

Yes, point taken re STFU. They probably have stooges watching the vaping forums.

Hi the situation about the ecig here in Italy is worse all the shop will be close in some days. The similar law against the e cig it start at beginning of february with 58% if tax and restrictive politics about all the e cig products.
So i think we will the first pilot project to block the e cig in eu. Fight for us too please :thumbup:

Heard about the italian situation. What are you guys doing about this?

THIS.

I posed a question to a member of ECCA tonight and received no response.

To my mind ECCA and ECITA have been far too quiet. I know that people volunteer and have lives outside of doing what they do but these organisations have been virtually invisible throughout this.

The focal point seems to have been Clive Bates' blog and Dave Dorn, and then just for ideas rather than coordination.

There is room for a membership organisation where the subs go to paying a couple of people to work full-time on getting shit done.

I mean i dont wanna offend anybody but what do ecita and ecca do in reality we don't seem to hear much from them
Dave dorn and clive bates have been most outspoken to my mind in my first few weeks vaping I knew nothing about the tpd and article 18 it was when I discovered vttv that I got interested in fighting this stuff I'm no leader though but i'll happily support any person strong enough to make a stand against this injustice.

Well, I'll be the first one putting in an application for one of those jobs

I keep harping back to motorbikes, but MAG and the BMF are both membership organisations which raise funds to pay for a central office and a lobbyist each.

On top of that, every European country has their own bike organisation fighting to protect riders rights and daft legislation...and co-fund FEMA, a European-based campaign organisation lobbying directly in Brussels.

It's that type of structure we need. There are many talented individuals out there who command both knowledge with a polished presentation technique.

£3 a month direct debit - would that hurt anyone?

It doesn't mean setting up a political party, every member has one vote, volunteer board members can be voted or co-opted on to lend their experience.

I really feel that if we stand the remotest chance of tackling the vested interests at play here we need to mobilise ourselves into a more professional group of vapers. We need to fight the battle on their terms. Emails and tweets do not work, they don't read them. A secretary looks and deletes or sends out a pro-forma reply.

Cromwell picked the ground he would defeat Charles' army at Naseby - we need that nous, to be proactive rather than reactive.

And we don't need to be split between vendors and users because if we don't move into an effective force son we leave all of our hopes with politicians doing the right thing. And they won't.

Back
Top Bottom