What's new

e cig lights up an elderly lady at a hospital - the sun (tomorrow)

Yeah. Science bitch

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ae3VQJ8bpA#[/video]

Good on you for doing this experiment. Whilst I agree it's not exactly impossible, it think it's unlikely that she'd have been pulsing/dry burning 'empty' coils.

My thought was that it could have been oxygenated wadding in a cig-a-like that was dry of juice - the wadding ignites, cig-a-like melts and burns, etc,etc.

Anything is possible, but that would be largely the same as breathing on a lit cigarette an oxygenating that. Plus there's not that much material to burn in a cigalike carto, I'm not convinced the ecig had anything to do with it other than its presence. My dripper generates far more heat than something she was likely using and it struggled to ignite propane, as in it took a concerted effort. Same with the rag, I would think it would have been reported if the ecig was found melted and charred and its not been.

Their just doing their best to cash in on the story as far as I'm concerned

They're coming thick and fast now. Anyone still optimistic about the future of vaping?

YES!

I think the fact that they have to write articles like this says a *lot*.

the horse has bolted, the ship has sailed, the scales have tipped and other assorted cliches.

why aren't these tragic accidents also front page news?

they've run out of credible arguments against e-cigs. More and more people understand they are a good thing, including more and more public health people with voices that carry weight. You cannot stop progress.

Their just doing their best to cash in on the story as far as I'm concerned

I agree. I was hoping to read the article and "read between the lines" but I'm buggered if I'm going to subscribe to the sunny Sun. I'll read it when it turns up elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom