What's new

e cig lights up an elderly lady at a hospital - the sun (tomorrow)

it would have been reported if the ecig was found melted and charred and its not been.

This and the fact that a lighter was also in the vicinity,which was only briefly mentioned and the repeated denial of the lady not smoking in the hospital speaks volumes about the most probable cause.

ElsaBubs I must apologise for offending your eyes. I didn't have a genuine rig feasible for that experiment sorry.

I tried ti hide what thet were though :D

Cheers bud. I more wanted to give the comunity a measured response to this bullshit than anything else.

Actually it could have been caused by something as benign as a lip balm or Vaseline! Did she Maybe think she needed to use face cream or possibly had a bit of a sore nose from the oxygen tubes and put cream or another oily substance on it? Oxygen masks plus face creams are a no-no.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

4. Avoid Using Petroleum-Based Lotions or Creams

Petroleum*is a highly flammable mixture of hydrocarbons. According to the American Lung Association, "the combustion of flammable products containing petroleum [like Vaseline] can also be supported by the presence of oxygen." When oxygen is being used, it's best to use water-based products such as*Aloe Vera,*St. Ives,*Neutrogena*or*Aveeno.

YES!

I think the fact that they have to write articles like this says a *lot*.

the horse has bolted, the ship has sailed, the scales have tipped and other assorted cliches.

why aren't these tragic accidents also front page news?

they've run out of credible arguments against e-cigs. More and more people understand they are a good thing, including more and more public health people with voices that carry weight. You cannot stop progress.

I have a feeling the birds have flown after the fish have bolted the stable in the bush too

Nice madpiano I'd not given face creams any thought (not my area of expertise lol) but that sounds far more plausible.

I learned it when I was a stewardess. We got trained on the oxygen bottles and were told to always wipe peoples faces with those handwipes they have on planes to remove face creams before giving oxygen.
Some people slather on the stuff before flying because of the dry air.

Back
Top Bottom