What's new

e cig lights up an elderly lady at a hospital - the sun (tomorrow)

4. Avoid Using Petroleum-Based Lotions or Creams

Petroleum*is a highly flammable mixture of hydrocarbons. According to the American Lung Association, "the combustion of flammable products containing petroleum [like Vaseline] can also be supported by the presence of oxygen." When oxygen is being used, it's best to use water-based products such as*Aloe Vera,*St. Ives,*Neutrogena*or*Aveeno.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

This is really interesting stuff- and as scary as hell!

As a registered Mental Health Nurse I occasionally have to administer Oxygen to a patient who becomes physically unwell... in fact only last night I did.... I do 'training' once a year to allow me to administer it under PGD (patient group directive) rules even if it isn't 'prescribed' by a doctor- so I can use it in an emergency situation for example.

What concerns me is that I had NO IDEA about the issue with petroleum/vaseline etc.... if a patient of mine had wanted to put their lip balm on before having their oxygen mask, I wouldn't have known that it was a problem :O

Which begs the question as to whether the nursing staff in this case knew that- a colleague sat with my patient last night whilst he was having oxygen and happily applied hand cream to his hands and gave him a hand massage to help relax him and to discourage him from 'playing' with the mask..... I have no idea if that hand cream contained petroleum, didn't know I needed to check.... makes me shudder to think about it now :(

Its not petroleum. Vaseline contains petrolatum. Not fuel. Its the grease and oils that can burn.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

I want to know what dangers are associated with a sexy nurse applying baby lotion to my manbits?

Could that present a fire hazard if I am vaping at the time?

I want to know what dangers are associated with a sexy nurse applying baby lotion to my manbits?

Could that present a fire hazard if I am vaping at the time?

Wouldn't happen on the nhs mate. Got to go private for that sort of treatment.

Wouldn't happen on the nhs mate. Got to go private for that sort of treatment.

Actually, you're wrong... only a couple of nights ago one of my elderly gents complained of some 'discomfort' in that area, and asked me to apply some cream.... it wasn't baby lotion, it was aqueous cream... and I happily obliged... well, when I say 'happily'.... I got my gloves on and 'moisturised' the offending area... I wouldn't do it for Mawsley tho, even if he was my patient ;)

Actually, you're wrong... only a couple of nights ago one of my elderly gents complained of some 'discomfort' in that area, and asked me to apply some cream.... it wasn't baby lotion, it was aqueous cream... and I happily obliged... well, when I say 'happily'.... I got my gloves on and 'moisturised' the offending area... I wouldn't do it for Mawsley tho, even if he was my patient ;)

Speaking as someone who is half of the 'sexy nurse' description, I wonder how Mawsley would react if I approached his nether regions with a tub of drapolene and a slightly manic grin. .....

Must - not - click - random - YouTube -links....

Sent from my Xperia Z using the POTV app

Back
Top Bottom