What's new

Problem getting creamy taste.

That's actually a really interesting idea... So, cream base made from various cream type flavours, and your VG / PG, then presteep it and use it for your mixes?

Should reduce steeping a lot as well especially if you're just adding a fruit type flavour to the base

Yes it does. I also do the same with custard. After a good steep, I add between 10 and 20% fruit flavouring to a custard.

'ment' you can get good flavour from these in a 6 to 8 % total mix

Admittedly I've never tried FA. I like PA and CCW flavours, and buying in 100ml bottles they're cheap enough so I don't worry about using large amounts.

I might order a couple for a comparison.

It's worth trying. I use PA and Capella and a few flavorwest. FA is very cost effective once you get used to the low %.

Yes it does. I also do the same with custard. After a good steep, I add between 10 and 20% fruit flavouring to a custard.

What's your custard base?

I've stuck with the old:
17% cap v1 custard
2% dulce de leche
1% EM

Which has served me well but I'm open to ideas.... And just received 100ml of custard concentrate :)

I think for a straight creamy taste to go with cream fresh to start at low percentage and work from there. Vienna cream is a bit egg nog like and Catalan is a bit spicy (cinnamon) maybe.
Just ordered another "super six" and included cream fresh, thank you.

What's your custard base?

I've stuck with the old:
17% cap v1 custard
2% dulce de leche
1% EM

Which has served me well but I'm open to ideas.... And just received 100ml of custard concentrate :)

I make up a cream base using anything I have that could loosely be described as creamy - my current batch has around 12 flavourings and use this at 5% with 20% CCW custard.

I don't like Capella or dulce de leche.

Back
Top Bottom