What's new

Problem getting creamy taste.

Mr Numpty

Veteran
I've used sweet cream from CAP and TPA to try to add a creaminess to juices, but all I get is a truly horrible butter taste. Is there anything that gives a better creaminess with absolutely no risk of butter and if so, what kind of % should I add? Thanks.

I have used Bavarian cream in a few mixes and it seems to work really well. I have used 4-7% and it's done great with a couple custards but needed steep time, not really that sweet tho my next attempt is adding a little sweetness[emoji1]

Lol. When I saw the thread title I was going to come on and say "butter".

Try making up a cream only mix, then when you are satisfied with the level of flavour, use that as your base, not counting the cream flavourings in your final total.

eg. For 10ml of strawberry and cream, use 2ml strawberry, add your nic and top up to 10ml with the cream base. It may sound excessive to those who mix at 5% or 10% flavouring, but it's how I believe Manabush and the intense American juices are made.

Lol. When I saw the thread title I was going to come on and say "butter".

Try making up a cream only mix, then when you are satisfied with the level of flavour, use that as your base, not counting the cream flavourings in your final total.

eg. For 10ml of strawberry and cream, use 2ml strawberry, add your nic and top up to 10ml with the cream base. It may sound excessive to those who mix at 5% or 10% flavouring, but it's how I believe Manabush and the intense American juices are made.

That's actually a really interesting idea... So, cream base made from various cream type flavours, and your VG / PG, then presteep it and use it for your mixes?

Should reduce steeping a lot as well especially if you're just adding a fruit type flavour to the base

Maybe try a few flavourart concentrates at low percentages. They have cream fresh, Vienna cream, Catalan cream. I would start low maybe 0.5% to a max of 3% depending on taste for a mix.

Maybe try a few flavourart concentrates at low percentages. They have cream fresh, Vienna cream, Catalan cream. I would start low maybe 0.5% to a max of 3% depending on taste for a mix.
I've decided to only use FA concentrates for a spell so have been working my way through single mixes of them. Have you tried those creams? Which would you recommend for my situation?

I think for a straight creamy taste to go with cream fresh to start at low percentage and work from there. Vienna cream is a bit egg nog like and Catalan is a bit spicy (cinnamon) maybe.

0.5%? WTF? My taste buds must be non existent!:(

I don't have a single mix with less than 25% flavouring.

You can add meringue to sweeten the cream. There are loads of creamy concentrates out there but I would try to stick with FA.

Back
Top Bottom