What's new

2017 POTV Charity Raffle........ THE WINNERS!!!!!

Hi Tubbyengineer Ive already ordered a new pair of 26650's from Fogstar when I realised I would need them because of Royal mails rules with the transport of cells.

No offence intended here but the 75c was a cockup, it was nothing to do with user error, it was a badly designed mod that HCigar tried hiding from.

HCigar recalled a load, that was kept quiet and they refused to publicly acknowledge the issues.

This isn't hearsay, this is from my direct dealings with them and trying get them to do the right thing.

Once again, no offence intended here :)
No offence taken Boss - I did dismantle one to see what the problem was and it was definetely that the positive terminal could be crushed by overtightening the cap on a too long cell, as far as I'm aware the fix involved dimension changes to the thickness of the terminal plate and it's cover and the one I've sent out is the updated version anyway...
But I stand by the user error bit - overtightening is the bane of my life as an engineer (stripped threads, cracked parts, twisted frame components and general pain in the arseness) thousands of people used the mods without issue until somebody overtightened a too long cell, then there was a rash of it as people started fiddling with the damn things. Still as you say it should have been handled better by HCigar...

@nwhornet I wasn’t trying to scaremonger, just thought I was trying to be helpful. 30 second search was more than enough and I read his FB post also.
Im sorry if I offended anyone.
But, nevertheless some people just think others are trying to mess things up for others, I wasn’t.
@rosco1438 sorry if I scared you, it was totally unintentional and enjoy your wonderful prize.
Thanks @Tubbyengineer for clarifying anyway - that part about the fix I hadn’t read.

Hi Tubbyengineer Ive already ordered a new pair of 26650's from Fogstar when I realised I would need them because of Royal mails rules with the transport of cells.
It'll get sent with a cell in it - thats allowed, it's going in the post tomorrow morning (Ish - possibly lunchtime) but if you do change the cell don't crank the cover down super tight - just use the flats of two fingers to spin the cover into place - once you get it to contact the cell then a bit more of a twist with your finger tips will be enough to feel the cap "Lock" that should be all the tightening it needs...

The last of my prizes went out today, although most went Monday.

Everyone who is expecting a parcel should either now have it or expect it in the next 48 hrs.

Any issues then you know how to get in touch.

@tootingyoda thats the tank posted mate, what a nightmare i had, i am fecking useless, brought the tank to work was going to go at lunch, then i realised i had left the drip tip in a separate box at home, so i then had to go home pick it up and wrap it all up and head for the post office, straight forward eh ? well i had sold 2 RDA's to another ape aswell and brought them to work aswell, but when i went to get the drip tip i left the 2 RDA's in the office so, went home got the drip tip, came back to the office picked up the other parcel and headed for the PO. Gets to the counter to be told, your packaging is too small for our super gigantic label we want to put on it so you will need to repackage it. I asked to buy an 2 jiffy bags to be told, no we dont sell them but as this post office is inside a WH Smith you can buy them and then rejoin the queue. So i then went and bought them and eventually after the craziest lunch hour in recent memory i got them posted. Sorry for the delay mate.

@tootingyoda thats the tank posted mate, what a nightmare i had, i am fecking useless, brought the tank to work was going to go at lunch, then i realised i had left the drip tip in a separate box at home, so i then had to go home pick it up and wrap it all up and head for the post office, straight forward eh ? well i had sold 2 RDA's to another ape aswell and brought them to work aswell, but when i went to get the drip tip i left the 2 RDA's in the office so, went home got the drip tip, came back to the office picked up the other parcel and headed for the PO. Gets to the counter to be told, your packaging is too small for our super gigantic label we want to put on it so you will need to repackage it. I asked to buy an 2 jiffy bags to be told, no we dont sell them but as this post office is inside a WH Smith you can buy them and then rejoin the queue. So i then went and bought them and eventually after the craziest lunch hour in recent memory i got them posted. Sorry for the delay mate.
Bloody hell! I get days like that, it's a conspiracy I tell you :) No worries mate, it gets here when it gets here. And relax :)

Bloody hell! I get days like that, it's a conspiracy I tell you :) No worries mate, it gets here when it gets here. And relax :)
there is 1 coil in the tank that has had 1 tank through it, i went to the local B&M to pick you up a couple of new coils to fling in but they didnt have any, so I flung in 4 x Nichrome coils come out at 0.6 ohms and some Muji aswell

Back
Top Bottom