What's new

3D printed CONDENSATION PLUGS - much demand?

After a request I am modelling CONDENSATION PLUGS for 3D printing, I have printed one off I found to model it from.

Is there much demand after all these group buys?
I am doing variants for different airflow, the current one is 1.2mm, what's a popular size?
Also I can do different colours but need to do a few to make it worthwhile changing over.

Finally, I'm not after making a killing for these, pin money to pay for more filament and costs, what's a fair price and quantity? postage will be 98p 1st class.

I'm not even sure I am allowed to sell them on here, FTAO ADMIN: is this okay to sell?

Here's a photo of the protoype:
BilletBoxCondensation.jpg

Yes, I would say there is some demand. Recent thread in this section about possible group buy. It might get a bit complicated with people requesting different colours and airflow sizes. Don't know if you would have to change your status to sell. @TartanSpartan will tell you.

do you think the 1.2mm airflow is okay as is, it would save a LOT of work, I'm 3 hours in on CAD design and it proving a tricky task as I haven't got a radius gauge so trial and error printing profiles and comparing.

*edit - dawned on me after typing this I can print radius gauges - doh!

1.2mm would be fine for me as I'm MTL, but this would be too tight for a lot of BB users I guess.

I think I have it pretty close now, as long as the body is good it's easy enough to change the hole size or slot it for DTL.

BilletBoxV3.jpg

Last edited:
Designed 2 DTL versions (narrow and wide) and test printing now, I think someone should donate me a Billet Box for proofing :P

I don't think any one is going to send you an original BB. I have 2 clones and I could send you one if you think it is worth you going ahead.

Back
Top Bottom