What's new

3D printed CONDENSATION PLUGS - much demand?

I don't think any one is going to send you an original BB. I have 2 clones and I could send you one if you think it is worth you going ahead.
I was only kidding, all I need is someone to test the designs, I have someone that's going to try the MTL, anyone want to try the DTL version? I will need accurate feedback regarding fitting with measurements, but hopefully they will slot right in and work.

Also does the bottom chamber get hot? I am using PLA which has a melting point of 185c

I was only kidding, all I need is someone to test the designs, I have someone that's going to try the MTL, anyone want to try the DTL version? I will need accurate feedback regarding fitting with measurements, but hopefully they will slot right in and work.

Also does the bottom chamber get hot? I am using PLA which has a melting point of 185c

I would happily send you one. Would give you the opportunity to try BB for yourself

I have a design if you want to print them up and supply people. It's been through a number of revisions and now has a toroidal air path so that it seals against the Billet and the Boro better - also has a slot for an offcut of cotton - to soak up any pooling condensation.

I have a design if you want to print them up and supply people. It's been through a number of revisions and now has a toroidal air path so that it seals against the Billet and the Boro better - also has a slot for an offcut of cotton - to soak up any pooling condensation.
Sounds like you've done a fair bit of work on them, do you have a 3D printer?

I would appreciate the CAD file if only to see if I got mine right thanks :)

I would happily send you one. Would give you the opportunity to try BB for yourself
If I borrowed one I would be in danger of wanting to buy one - I need to skinny down my over the top collection, trying to resist the Pulse Dual is hard enough.

Very generous offer though thanks :)

Sounds like you've done a fair bit of work on them, do you have a 3D printer?

I would appreciate the CAD file if only to see if I got mine right thanks :)
I did a fair bit of CAD to copy one i bought, then after using it for a bit I thought of a few ways it could be better. Couple of iterations, and here we are... @Rob was my unofficial beta tester

I have a 3D printer, but struggle to meet the demand for plugs - i figured if you had facilities to scale up the printing, then you could have my design. I may just open source it - it kills me that people are charging £15 for these...

£15! for 1?!! :11:

I was thinking 3 for a tenner inc P&P at fine resolution was a little high but anything less would give little motivation to print them.

There doesn't seem much demand so far, like you I might just open source em on thingieverse.

What material did you use and did they hold up well?

I just need to check with Admin about how I go about selling, as I am not a vendor it might not be allowed for all I know.

Any Admin advice appreciated thanks

Back
Top Bottom