What's new

A little Rant on Nearly all regulated Devices and my vaping history

You say that Juice can be a mod killer ? but mods juice and attys should go hand in hand.

After my 1st mod (Eleaf Istick 20w) died and i pulled it apart for a looksee and i saw the juice damage i have been quite anal about leaks!!!
While i build most decks even stock coils can leak, either from inadiquate priming or at the end of life after a scorch weakens the wicks seal.

And i have loaded 1 too many BF drippers onto non squonk mods DOH!!

E-juice can penetrate anything.. next time my lug nuts seize forget the wd40, some 70/30 6mg juice should penetrate the rusty threads ;)

The control pcb's and contacts should all be treated with some conformal coating to protect them but either corosive elements within flavourings or nicotine? may damage this OR whats more likely at the joints/connections that get flexed and strained during assembly the coatings may weaken or crack even??? (GUESS WORK!!)

I also suspect that a fair degree of built in obsolescence is involved here, very few devices are supported by a spares supply chain and even when they are these are as short lived as the product life itself in most cases..

YES SOME DEVICES ARE SOLD AS TOUGH?WATERPROOF etc and you pay for those features.

fwiw i will even go as far as poking a hole in a tissue and screw an atty on with a tissue gasket to catch any hint of a drip of a leak when testing a build..

But im just some bloke on a vape forum ;)

Woohoo there. Please don't buy a Mag. I referred to it because it, and much from that brand, have a horrible reputation for poor QC, quality and reliability.
The Voopoo drag 2 has a good rep and is quite stylish, try that, if you go back to regulate. But if you ask 100 people, on here, which it the most reliable mod. And you discount the Aegis range. I'll bet you'd get, close too, 100 different answered.
I have two Smok Mag M270 kits with the TFV8 baby V2 tank and can say they are great. Semi regulated single battery mod with such a good thank. Had them both for 6months and love them.

Here is a pic of a recent build session where my attys are build and filled then stood on tissue overnight to test the seals etc..
and some old (at least 5yr old) mods in the background used for resistance checking and coil heating..
49830966397_a37c353aec_c.jpg

the atty stands were a few cents each from fasttech or other far east portals like ali express probably a $ each by now??

but a lump of blutack or plasticiene would work just as well..

welcome to the planet @islandclouds sounds like youve been through a fair few mods :( i still have the same Aegis that helped me to quit bk in october 2018 and its still going strong :D

I've had my Smok Alien 220w for three years. Used every day, twin 0.85ohm coils in a Griffin Plus tank at about 50w. Literally just broke (the metal insert around the tank connection came out after its 100th drop onto my concrete workshop floor) and I'm on the lookout for a new mod to replace it...

I have the Pico Squeeze 2 winging it's way from China and by all accounts it's a pretty good mod, big fan of squonkers so looking forwards to it.

I bought my Wismec Reuleaux mods about 4 years ago and they're still going strong. I've just bought an Odin 250c just because I just fancied the upgrade but there's no sign of my Wismec's packing up any time soon.

Like many above, I'm still using mods bought 3 or 4 years ago, including SXK Zero Minis and Eleaf Picos. Mind you, I'm a low wattage MTL vaper - maybe it makes a difference? Seems like some bad luck to me.

My Smoant Cylon must be 2 years old and my Legend will be coming up to a year in September.

Back
Top Bottom