What's new

A little Rant on Nearly all regulated Devices and my vaping history

1200s and 1210s have been resurected. they stopped making them a few years back and after so many complaints they started up the production line again. will always be the best turntable ever made. still got mine but not used any of my gear in years. one day ill get them out again when i find some space. vape took over every free bit of space in my room :D
VDJ i tred once and thought it was crap lol but certainly saves on wheight when carritng thousands of records and decks.

plenty of free compo's on here and a classified section but you need more posts before those sections are viewable.
We are probably might lock horns on music tastes. ive always been into Dance and EDM ,love progressive house as well totally bonkers over anything to do with Faithless ,Sister Bliss who aint the best DJ in the world but does a very good podcast every friday morning,
Along with Claptone who plays a lot of good tunes on his friday podcast. he plays alot of progresive house with old skool disco overtones.
i heard this on his show a few weeks ago by a very good DJ purple disco machine very slow at around 110bpm
Im too old for mixing now at 55 the only thing i mix is homemade Eliqid when im bothered.
On the Subject of DIY mixs any recommendations of a good vender with good prices and flavours? 72% Nicotine is now readily available on Ebay, might stock up just in case one day we go the same way as Australia, shame we might never hear of the vaping bogan again.
im still using some the concentrates that have been in my cupboard for years and need to start buying some fresh supplys

I have 3x SXK Zero mini's that are 4 years old and a Lost Vape Epetite that's 3 years old.

Hi all .
Im only just joined this site but not new to Vaping as i started around 10 years ago.
Starting off with a throwaway £5.99 jobby from the CooP , then a rechargeable version then after a couple of weeks one of the old fashioned pen shaped devices...then the biggie ....the Vamo tube mod with 18650s ! i think i had v1 v2 and v3 a pretty reliable device of its day then vaping become a bit of a hobby and obsession spending hours watching Scott bonners , Grimm greens, rip trippers ,as well as todds reviews on youtube then i went into making my own liquid which was fun but messy and i bought my first RDA i think it was called an Igo.
The Box mods come along a little while later from inokin , Smok, kangertech to name a few with the RDAs .
i havent got a clue how many vw regulated mods i bought and failed me within 6 to 9 months of using them.
I got so cheesed of after a couple of years i started using Mech mods usually clone tubes of of Ebay which most of which were pretty good and safe using ohms law good ampage batteries and never building to low.
I did try a few more regulated mods after getting fed up with the battery drain .
Once again i was paying the best part of £100 for something that didnt last as long as the life of your average efest !
i was so pissed off i went back to smoking for as year and a half as the fags worked out cheaper !
Then in 2018 i went into a vape shop and asked for the most reliable durable mod they had and walked out with a Geekvape legend .
Our relationship was a good one , i was so happy and contented with the brand i bought the Legends little bought the Geekvape Solo in August last year.
Unfortunately the Legend died on me in March so i went on Amazon and bought a Geekvape quonker .
In may i bought the Geek vape X , Damm what a display that mod had in the 2 weeks it worked.
That beast had to go back to Amazon.
Due to C19 my next mod was delayed a bit in the post , clone of the legend but made my wismek Reuleaux tinker 2 .
Meanwhile while im waiting for the postie to deliver my Tinker my Geekvape solo gives up on me!
The next day my tinker 2 arrives evan with readers on i found display hard to read but i was happy as long as it worked and it did for a Month ! !
DAMMM ! it was working well before i went to bed, the next morning the display is showing the watts go all the way to 100 without touching any buttons and it would not even fire !
I left the Batteries out for 2 days and didn't touch it when i finally put a couple of samsungs in the device no display at all.
Only my Geekvape sqonker is working so i went and bought a beast of a Mech mod with a matching Valhalla hat..... The stormbreaker or toebreaker as i call it if it was to land on your foot you wouldnt be playing 5 a side for a while !
With Valhalla the sitting on top and 3 x21700s inside its a whopping 942 grams.
Its the most expencive mod ive bought to date and i hope it will last.

None ive mods ive owned have been abused, dropped on concrete floors run over with a truck or left in water and sometime wonder the money i would of saved if stuck to the stinkies ,i know the heath benefits and i fill alot fitter since quitting fags.
But the cost of what ive spent on mods over the years is phenomenal ! !
i just wondered the longest you have owned and a regulated mod for ? using it on a regular basis before the dustman took it away.

Thanks for reading this Guys.
Boy have you been unlucky. I've had 2 mods expire, both bought second hand. Even my Smok Mag, though close to two years old, is alive and well.

I'll admit. If asked for the most reliable mod. I'd hand you a hybrid tube mech and a 30t. Mind your eyebrows. The Stormbreaker is no novice toy. I do hope you are conversant with Ohms law.

We are probably might lock horns on music tastes. ive always been into Dance and EDM ,love progressive house as well totally bonkers over anything to do with Faithless ,Sister Bliss who aint the best DJ in the world but does a very good podcast every friday morning,
Along with Claptone who plays a lot of good tunes on his friday podcast. he plays alot of progresive house with old skool disco overtones.
i heard this on his show a few weeks ago by a very good DJ purple disco machine very slow at around 110bpm
Im too old for mixing now at 55 the only thing i mix is homemade Eliqid when im bothered.
On the Subject of DIY mixs any recommendations of a good vender with good prices and flavours? 72% Nicotine is now readily available on Ebay, might stock up just in case one day we go the same way as Australia, shame we might never hear of the vaping bogan again.
im still using some the concentrates that have been in my cupboard for years and need to start buying some fresh supplys

mixed bag here. a year older than you so into 80's disco funk and soul with plenty of house and acid era. only time i listen to music now is in the car even though i have over 14,000 records around the house.

Welcome to potv..

Fwiw All my evolv dna based devices from 5/6 years ago are all vaping strong on my DX200 atm with a hellvape destiny on top.

tho i think we may be on opposite ends of the 'luck with mods' curve.. i have killed 5x 2 from juice ingress 3 from stupidity (my own)

MY TAKE/THEORY....
juice can be a mod killer and a tiny weep from an atty can take weeks to penetrate and erode something crucial or simply open the path a mm or 2 further for the next leak..

Now this is a case of do as i say not as i do as i have just looked up and spotted 4x devices set up for use that have stood idle for at least a few days..

But ... use atty stands and dont leave an atty on top of a mod overnight or between uses.. and get anal with the tissue cleaning the mod 510 hole looking for evidence of moisture or JUICE LEAK!/WEEP!

if found consider breaking down and cleaning with a solvent like isopropanol , if any evidence of erosion is spotted before the device fails use nail polish to paint over and reseal..

Squonk devices are Xtra prone to juice ingress but they are bloody great fun ;)

sorry went off on one myself a bit too whoops..

hang on in there ;)

fwiw my old devices spent a year or so in the drawer while i fell of the vape wagon myself so welcome back..

Keep an eye on the bargains listed in here - a vt-dna75 sqonker for 1/2 price at £35 was signposted recently and i snapped up one ;)
also might be worth checking out the giveaways on the forum but you may need to contribute a bit more first, but your off to a good start ;)
Many Many thanks there ! some good advice,
Most of the time my RDAs never leave my mods unless a rebuild.
You say that Juice can be a mod killer ? but mods juice and attys should go hand in hand.
Welcome to potv..

Fwiw All my evolv dna based devices from 5/6 years ago are all vaping strong on my DX200 atm with a hellvape destiny on top.

tho i think we may be on opposite ends of the 'luck with mods' curve.. i have killed 5x 2 from juice ingress 3 from stupidity (my own)

MY TAKE/THEORY....
juice can be a mod killer and a tiny weep from an atty can take weeks to penetrate and erode something crucial or simply open the path a mm or 2 further for the next leak..

Now this is a case of do as i say not as i do as i have just looked up and spotted 4x devices set up for use that have stood idle for at least a few days..

But ... use atty stands and dont leave an atty on top of a mod overnight or between uses.. and get anal with the tissue cleaning the mod 510 hole looking for evidence of moisture or JUICE LEAK!/WEEP!

if found consider breaking down and cleaning with a solvent like isopropanol , if any evidence of erosion is spotted before the device fails use nail polish to paint over and reseal..

Squonk devices are Xtra prone to juice ingress but they are bloody great fun ;)

sorry went off on one myself a bit too whoops..

hang on in there ;)

fwiw my old devices spent a year or so in the drawer while i fell of the vape wagon myself so welcome back..

Keep an eye on the bargains listed in here - a vt-dna75 sqonker for 1/2 price at £35 was signposted recently and i snapped up one ;)
also might be worth checking out the giveaways on the forum but you may need to contribute a bit more first, but your off to a good start ;)
Thankyou for some great advice there !
i never take my attys off my mods only if i notice a spillage or for rebuilds but will remove the attys in future .
Ive never owned an atty stand so far but will look on line in a bit,
Mods, attys and eliqid should go hand in hand like tobacco ,papers and a lighter.
The thing that really pissed me off was when you buy into Geekvape your expecting them to be a bit tougher then say Smok or eleafe .
they can withstand being in a sink of water at ip67 rated but they buckle under a bit of eliqid that is thicker and should be harder to penetrate the gubbins of a mod.
i never really got on with tanks only RDAs as i find them more simplistic as well as its more easy to change flavours.
I love my Geekvape sqonker but wished they made a duel 18650 version as the battery life aint great.

Boy have you been unlucky. I've had 2 mods expire, both bought second hand. Even my Smok Mag, though close to two years old, is alive and well.

I'll admit. If asked for the most reliable mod. I'd hand you a hybrid tube mech and a 30t. Mind your eyebrows. The Stormbreaker is no novice toy. I do hope you are conversant with Ohms law.

mixed bag here. a year older than you so into 80's disco funk and soul with plenty of house and acid era. only time i listen to music now is in the car even though i have over 14,000 records around the house.
Guess I'm older as I'm into 50's, 60's and 70's. Currently have around 1500 singles but mainly collect lps which I have approx 2500 and growing every week.

I bought the original Wismec Reuleaux DNA200 in ?November 2015 I think and it is still working, although the 510 connection is crap (not spring loaded) that would be my longest working regulated mod. I haven't had a regulated pack up on me except a Sigelli 20w (like a vamo) which lasted a couple of months.

Also if we're talking records I have about 1200 LP's 60's to present and some jazz and classical.

Hi, thanks for the reply.
Im not an expert on batterys , mech mods or evan ohms law but i do refure to the ohms law as well as my coilmaster or regulated mod to check the ohms.
i always buy a good solid battery for mechs with a high ampage .
i know some people want mega low builds for high watts.
my valhalla is curently with a 0.25 build with the mod running in series pushing out about 70 watts.
So i have been led to belive it is safe to go a fair bit lower as the ampage is split between 3 batterys .
Building to much lower just burns my throat and drains the batterys.
I use to use mech tubes all the time mainly clones of off ebay as they had very little to go wrong.
The stormbreaker is a smashing mod but more of a home mod unless you want to wear braces with your trousers as it is a weight,
Will look into the Smok mag on youtube.
The thing about regulated mods is there are to many bells n whisles , Do you use the puff counter? or TC or even a clock on some devices?
Volts up volts down and a battery metre is all most of us need.
Did you know thats a mod out there that plays music via bluetooth?
I wish the manufacturers would keep things simple and keep things real.

Hi, thanks for the reply.
Im not an expert on batterys , mech mods or evan ohms law but i do refure to the ohms law as well as my coilmaster or regulated mod to check the ohms.
i always buy a good solid battery for mechs with a high ampage .
i know some people want mega low builds for high watts.
my valhalla is curently with a 0.25 build with the mod running in series pushing out about 70 watts.
So i have been led to belive it is safe to go a fair bit lower as the ampage is split between 3 batterys .
Building to much lower just burns my throat and drains the batterys.
I use to use mech tubes all the time mainly clones of off ebay as they had very little to go wrong.
The stormbreaker is a smashing mod but more of a home mod unless you want to wear braces with your trousers as it is a weight,
Will look into the Smok mag on youtube.
The thing about regulated mods is there are to many bells n whisles , Do you use the puff counter? or TC or even a clock on some devices?
Volts up volts down and a battery metre is all most of us need.
Did you know thats a mod out there that plays music via bluetooth?
I wish the manufacturers would keep things simple and keep things real.
Woohoo there. Please don't buy a Mag. I referred to it because it, and much from that brand, have a horrible reputation for poor QC, quality and reliability.
The Voopoo drag 2 has a good rep and is quite stylish, try that, if you go back to regulate. But if you ask 100 people, on here, which it the most reliable mod. And you discount the Aegis range. I'll bet you'd get, close too, 100 different answered.

Back
Top Bottom