What's new

A tale of woe, caution & a word of warning.

I just thought I'd update you all a little on this, only I had a police officer visit me last night about my scam report (and to conduct a welfare check on me) and he told me as it's an international crime and he's only a local officer there's very little he can do but he did say it has been passed on to the relevant authorities and they'll compare it against any similar reports they have.

He also went on to say that it really all comes down to the banks, payment networks and internet companies to clamp down on it though, so in that respect I think very little's going to be done given how disinterested they all were in my case.

The fact that this guy is back on PP and FB under the same email address for at least the third time shows us that.

I know I've reported him twice now but seemingly he was back on there yesterday doing exactly the same thing to others.

It's criminal these companies won't do anything about these scammers though as a lot of decent and vulnerable people are going to fall victim to them, and a lot of honest and reputable traders are going to be impeded.

Anyway, I've done all I can do on it now, and without a magic wand I can't change it.

On the plus side, I'm apparently still just about sane enough not to be sectioned - but I didn't tell him my whole story... but that's by-the-by.

Best wishes, love and blessings all.

Name him @Astral, then those of us whom are facebook users can also report him and someone who has access to The new version of The Vape Court ;) can make sure the name travels far and wide within the vaping communities. :)

Name him @Astral, then those of us whom are facebook users can also report him and someone who has access to The new version of The Vape Court ;) can make sure the name travels far and wide within the vaping communities. :)

Hi @Rob his PayPal name is almost certainly a pseudonym but his account usually lists him as Guido Folonari with the email address: [email protected].

Other posters have claimed he's an Italian man called 'Latorre' though.

As for his Facebook account name, he clones the accounts of mod makers and admins so he'll appear on their official groups as them. That's why you have to be so careful about who you're talking to and only talk to admins from their official links on the members pages rather than someone under their name in the comments section as I stupidly did.

To be honest though, I don't think FB, PP and Google really care and don't think they'd do anything if a thousand people reported him.

As a newbie to Facebook (and unlikely stayer), I was very naive about links, cloned accounts and PM's at the time, and made some terrible rookie errors. I simply didn't comprehend there could be other people in private groups using the names of the admins but now I know differently and they're changing their names after they're admitted.

I've learned a hard lesson and I hope others can learn from my mistakes too.

I can understand your negativity, but I KNOW that the new Vape Court have been incredibly successful in stopping some of the more prolific Scammers and have got a few nasty situations resolved.

Crossed wires here I think my friend, I'm simply saying that my experience of FB modders is different from those that were put forward.

Have a lovely day
I don’t really care todd. I made it perfectly clear what I was saying.
if you got your wires crossed, perhaps you should apologise.
I’ll not hold my breath whilst waiting though.
If they are not properly registered. They are scamming every hardworking person, in the U.K.
therefore they are no better than the benefit scroungers, we hear so much about. IMO.

Whilst we are here, can I just say that sunflower oil in your pancake mix is far better than vegetable oil.

Also use a real lemon, not the squeezy lemon stuff, just better IMO.

Enjoy

I can understand your negativity, but I KNOW that the new Vape Court have been incredibly successful in stopping some of the more prolific Scammers and have got a few nasty situations resolved.

One can but hope @Rob, but unfortunately I'm just a little jaded at the moment and have had my eyes opened to a lot of things. Hopefully some optimism can return to my life but I think I'm going to need to see it to believe it.

Sorry for the negativity but it hit me really hard even though I managed to resolve it, and even then that only happened after luckily speaking to the right person on my final attempt after speaking to about thirty others.

Back
Top Bottom