What's new

About to start my BB journey :-)

@Chuck Norris Hopefully this is the correct thread and person, remember seeing a post regarding damaged battery wraps when I was browsing yesterday.

How exactly did you go about fixing the connections so it wasn't so tight? I didn't quite understand. Mine is out of commission until replacement boro glass arrives, but it was tearing my wraps too, every time.

I ended up going the cloth & pliers route! My Allen key got one screw out but stripped the other :( Still a bit tight but the battery does pop out with a few taps. I’m still using ribbon though so helps to get the batteries out.

Couple new bits for the BB :)

A full MF kit with AFC plus a load of coils from @Discomatt, really enjoying this with the 0.5 ceramic, miles easier to fit this vs the adapter and A tank. Haven’t tried the MTL kit yet, also have a new full set coming from MF.

And the SXK Crossbow, not tried it yet will stick a build in tomorrow :)

Either undo the two screws holding the top contact in the battery compartment, then bend the small part (with the screw holes). The other way is a piece of thickish cloth & a pair of pliers to bend the terminal up & ease the downward force. You need the cloth to prevent scratching the paint when you use the pliers. Hope that makes sense, did in my head :D

I ended up going the cloth & pliers route! My Allen key got one screw out but stripped the other :( Still a bit tight but the battery does pop out with a few taps. I’m still using ribbon though so helps to get the batteries out.

Cheers, I'll have a punt when I seal up the pin.

2 min job with pliers, just squeeze the contact plate up.

Will do, I'm avoiding even touching it at the moment, annoying that it's there but I can't use it. Trying to keep it out of sight, out of mind until the stuff arrives.

2 min job with pliers, just squeeze the contact plate up.

Finally got around to doing it, after I ripped the wrap on a brand new battery, first time it was used, just removing it from the BB.

I squeezed the contact a little too far, had to stick a screwdriver in either side and pry it back out a little, battery was seated fine, no rattle but the mod would power off or not pick the battery up sometimes. Bent it back out a touch more and seems to be good now. I was worried I'd broken a wire or something when bending it back out.

There's no wires on the top contact, it connects to the body of the BB via the 2 screws. The contact can be reshaped easier by removing.

There's no wires on the top contact, it connects to the body of the BB via the 2 screws. The contact can be reshaped easier by removing.
Yeah, you definitely want to take it off. Takes like 30 seconds.

I put mine in a rag and used pliers to gently squeeze it. I don't don't why they make those things so ridiculously tight.

6CA3623A-7650-469D-9749-436C48F80784.jpeg

Really happy with the MF kit :) Was running the 0.5 ceramic for a couple days, miles easier vs struggling with the A tank & adapter. Always been a bit of a tight fit to get that adapter & bridge in mine, dead easy with the MF kit.

So nipped into town and picked up some Nasty Juice Nic Salts to try with the drizzle coils, fitted the 1.3 ceramic.

Nice!! I think I prefer the 0.5’s (prefer it a little more cloudy & dense) but this will be the ideal set up for a cheeky vape in work.

Update time on my little journey!

Still really happy with my BB, I haven’t touched anything else I own since getting it, just does everything I need got a few boros in rotation with different juice & bridges fitted (I’d usually have 3-4 different drippers/tanks/mods on the go all day but honestly haven’t used anything else!!)

Few new bits arrived, the Insider V2, not bad just need to nail the wicking. Another MF full kit, excellent, I’ve got one for MTL in work with the drizzle ceramics & 0.5 ceramic for out & about.

Back
Top Bottom