What's new

Another Fogger Question

What have you used to get it set up, I have tried 3mm silica double over and also 3mm ekowool doubled over... Both with 4 wraps of .20 coming in at 1.8 ohms. And both times I get next to no vapor and a burnt taste when I go above 3.5 watts.... Help me

Sent from my HTC One X using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

this time I've used, 3mm eko wool with a 2mm silica through the centre. then a .25 coil wrapped around a mini screwdriver (about 3mm) with 8 wraps. coming in at 2ohms. i wrap an off cut off thin wire around the end of the eko wool and gently pull it through the coil. that way i get a nice even coil and when the wick is pulled through its a perfect grip. then cut the wick off flush with the black oring, if you leave to much sticking out it squashes the wick against the tank and the juice struggles to draw in.

BUB

i also don't bother with the white oring to hold the wick down, i then screw the chimney part back off the base to allow more or less juice as i del i need. no leaks or flooding yet. :)

Right I'm gonna try that when I get home. What do you mean by 3mm eko with 2mm silica throight the centre? Plus could I use .20 with say about 5 wraps in this style as I have some other wire but not sure of the size of it... Make just need to experiment with that wire and see how we do.

2mm silica wick with 5 coils of 32swg Kanthal for 1.7ohms. Removed the white o-ring as well.

Right I'm gonna try that when I get home. What do you mean by 3mm eko with 2mm silica throight the centre? Plus could I use .20 with say about 5 wraps in this style as I have some other wire but not sure of the size of it... Make just need to experiment with that wire and see how we do.

The Eko wool is hollow in the middle, i push it over a screw driver pull it off then gently pop some silica wick in the centre. 4/5 wraps maybe. need to test it to be safe :)

rite, just had a mad pang and completely striped it, bottom off to reveal the workings of the air holes ect. BINGO! a tiny piece of silicone jammed inside the centre. i can see where its been pinched of one of the insulators when it was built. now were fogging :) it probably wasn't my coils all along then.

Thanks for all the help :):)

Cool, glad you have it working.

BTW since my juice (also Snake Oil as it happens) had reached a really low level, I rewicked mine with the extra bits of cotton tucked under each end of the wick inside the well. So far it seems to work pretty well. It might even be worth doing that even if you use ekowool or normal silica.

right progress report.... after wanting to throw things round like a mad man and take a hammer to the damn fogger i have got it working with out the burnt taste. heres what i did ( after making a micro coil which i could not get the wick through but thats another storey). right then i used 3mm silica with 5 wraps of .20 which came in at 2.1 ohms. i then put a 2mm silica wick across the top of that like a flavor wick. now its not giving the burnt taste and i have it running at 9 watts. flavor is not a great as i was expecting but im guessing its still bedding in abit so im hoping it may improve a bit. i also didnt screaw the chimney all the way down either. and the o ring people are talking of????? where is that located as i didnt see it, fogger is second hand so maybe gaz18983 (This man is a top bloke) took that out???

sounds like your getting there. if you can't see the oring its not there. its a complete pain in the ass anyway. try unscrewing the chimney a tiny bit at a time but not enough to let it flood. this relieves pressure off the wick allowing more juice in. i was only getting a burnt taste when i had hot spots on the coil. aslong as the coils are nice and tight and the tails to the +&- posts are even your away. Tight as in a tight coil not tight on the wick.

I gonna keep at it but i think im gonna look at getting something new also. I have seen so many mixed likes and hates of this thing.... but every one keeps saying its up there with the best when running right...... just the running right bit to nail down

ile be honest. i didn't have any joy on mine with the thiner kanthals. i like to use .25 but I'm going to get some heavier stuff to try next.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom