What's new

Anyone remember or use Vermillion River?

Clive Gifford

Initiate
Hi Everyone,
I'm a MTL vaper using the same e-liquid every day for 12 years – Vermillion River Kentucky Premium Blend. I ordered it from the US but looks like the company has now gone bust...PANIC.

This makes me a newbie for juice - the market 12 years on is BEWILDERING. I genuinely don’t know where to start. Help!

Anyone who remembers VR, what do you recommend that’s out there that’s similar?

When it comes to flavour, should I be looking for KY4, or pastry or caramel more than tobacco? Tried Manabush high noon - not for me.

VR juice was famous for its mouth feel (it has a full, thick, rounded texture) and was easy to vape all day (50% VG/PG). It was that more than the flavour that worked.

I don’t expect to get a perfect match and know I’ll have to re-train my tastebuds, but please help. Am desperate.

Nightmare when this happens, looks like you are looking for a RY4 type of which there are many, I like these
https://www.lancashiresteamcompany.co.uk/products/copy-of-strawberry-hot-pot-e-flavour-new

Good luck.

Thanks Rickster, much appreciated.
Yeah, it's so annoying. I was absolutely fine with my set-up and now, have to start again.

says its available here https://www.vermillionriverejuice.com/Kentucky-Premium-Blends.html but thats buying direct from america and have no idea if they export to other countries.
I've been buying from them directly in that way Mr DJ for the past 8 or 9 years. Quite a faff with a transatlantic phone call first so they can disable some of their e-commerce website code before a UK customer can place an order, but worth it for me - never tasted a juice like it.

All was fine until this year's order attempted last month. Repeated calls not picked up at their end day after day followed by unanswered emails and messages . Zero announcements from the company but several American posters on other forums think they may have closed or suspended operations.

For the moment, I have to assume that's the case. Gutted.

I honestly thought Vermillion River went out of business 8 or 9 years ago!
In 2014 I bought loads of the stuff from Ecig wizard when they were selling it off to clear but when it ran out I couldn't find it anywhere else. I enjoyed their Kentucky Blend, Breakfast Blend, vanilla Blend and also Applewood and Peachwood, I think it all had the same base. I never found anything that compared with it and sterted DIY making my own liquid, probably in 2015.
I did quite like Manabush Powwow sauce but found it a bit overpowering so diluted it with some generic Ry4, which gave me a similar vibe to the Vermillion River stuff.
Update us if you do track down any VR stuff as I'd love to try it again, I can barely remember what it tasted like, I just remember it was good.

I honestly thought Vermillion River went out of business 8 or 9 years ago!
In 2014 I bought loads of the stuff from Ecig wizard when they were selling it off to clear but when it ran out I couldn't find it anywhere else. I enjoyed their Kentucky Blend, Breakfast Blend, vanilla Blend and also Applewood and Peachwood, I think it all had the same base. I never found anything that compared with it and sterted DIY making my own liquid, probably in 2015.
I did quite like Manabush Powwow sauce but found it a bit overpowering so diluted it with some generic Ry4, which gave me a similar vibe to the Vermillion River stuff.
Update us if you do track down any VR stuff as I'd love to try it again, I can barely remember what it tasted like, I just remember it was good.
They were trading up until spring or so this year. Bit of a faff to order from them but well worth it. Will keep you updated if they come back.

I bought Mannabush Deadwood and High Noon but found them very dry and herbal tasting. Is Pow Wow Sauce similar to those? I wonder if dropping in some sweet caramel tobacco or RY4 juice might work with them. Good tip, ta.

Am currently buying lots of 10ml bottles. So far, nothing vapeable for me. It's gonna be an expensive month or two! Do vape shops still have samples you can try? Haven't been to a store for five years.

And once I find something, still have the whole shortfill thing to get used to.

Any idea what would be a similar juice, but available in continental Europe (after Brexit is quite expensive getting stuff from the UK)?

Cheers from Holland!

So far, Dinner Lady Caramel Tobacco is the only juice of the 15 I've bought that to my tastes has a base remotely like VR Kentucky Premium.
It's a little bit flavour light but wonder whether a dash of a sweet caramel juice would get it closer. Also have a few more on order.

Next stop is a troll round vape shops in Manchester - haven't been for 5 or 6 years. Any MTL-friendly shops around now?

Back
Top Bottom