What's new

Anyone with a Kanger Subtank Mini? Help needed.

I had this first time I used the RBA section, check atomiser. I had to tighten the 510 up a bit so it made contact by putting a thin screwdriver through the two holes in 510 connector so I could turn and tighten it. I know this doesn't help as you say it's tightened as far as it will go but just thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't tried.

Thanks for the tip. I have indeed tightened down the RBA as far as I can get it and still no joy. :(

This has just happened to me I put some tweezers through the airflow gap in give it a little wiggle and it has moved slightly and now makes perfect connection you can also slightly unscrew the pin at the bottom of the RBA base which I realised after I fixed it :) hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Planet of the Vapes

Yeah I see your thread earlier and see you solved the issue for yourself which is great. Unfortunately for me I have no more room in the 510 to move it up closer to the RBA base. Thanks though :)

I'm thinking the 510 center pin just need pushing in to close the gap :\

Yeah, I've tried this, It won't go. I have to use excessive force to even move the 510 in any closer. Certainly won't work with sprung loaded 510 connectors on my VaporShark or Vapor Flask.

I think the 510 center pin on the Subtank is removable!
Try pulling it out to see if there is anything stopping it's travel :)

I think the 510 center pin on the Subtank is removable!
Try pulling it out to see if there is anything stopping it's travel :)

Yeah it's removable buddy. Have removed it dozens of times. Still no joy. Thanks though.

must admit ive not had this problem with mine but may i suggest if you can put a small spring on the bottom pin to make the connection with the deck pin.
might work.

Ive just read somewhere else dont use a spring to carry the charge so scrub that.......

Last edited:
Same issue - 510 connection seems too short

Yeah it's removable buddy. Have removed it dozens of times. Still no joy. Thanks though.

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. The stock heads work fine - if I push the 510 connection all the way into the bottom of the base and then connect a stock head - you see the 510 pin gets pushed out slightly.

If I do the same thing with the RBA - it seems too short and isn't connecting.

Where have people ordered the sub tank mini from in the UK - which don't have this problem? I'd happily order myself another one - but don't want to use the same supply just to have the same problem again.

I'm really gutted - this is my first RBA and I was really looking forward to making my own coils, only to have hit a brick wall.

Thanks

Frank

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. The stock heads work fine - if I push the 510 connection all the way into the bottom of the base and then connect a stock head - you see the 510 pin gets pushed out slightly.

If I do the same thing with the RBA - it seems too short and isn't connecting.

Where have people ordered the sub tank mini from in the UK - which don't have this problem? I'd happily order myself another one - but don't want to use the same supply just to have the same problem again.

I'm really gutted - this is my first RBA and I was really looking forward to making my own coils, only to have hit a brick wall.

Thanks

Frank

I got mine sorted in the end Frank. The original supplier of mine sorted me out a new base and RBA section and it's perfect now. The 510 pin was short on mine due to the insulator I think.

Get in touch with whom ever you purchased it from and they should help you out. :)

Don't give up with it. The Subtank is a stunning device.

If I look through the airhole on mine, I have a small gap and can see gold contact pin also see pic. Mine fires fine.

I had this check atomiser / short warning when I test fired the build on my Hana. It was the outer RBA case shorting on a wire post. The casing is very tight inside so just check its not that? Run a test fire with the casing off?

It really is a wonderful device when you get it right, I love mine. Went to use the Atlantis last night after days with this and cried a little as it was not as good.

I got mine sorted in the end Frank. The original supplier of mine sorted me out a new base and RBA section and it's perfect now. The 510 pin was short on mine due to the insulator I think.

Get in touch with whom ever you purchased it from and they should help you out. :)

Don't give up with it. The Subtank is a stunning device.

Thanks guys

I thought I was going crazy - I'm trying to firing it without the case on just to heat the wire. Using the stock wire and a rebuilt wire.

Will contact the supplier and hopefully they will help me out.

Fingers crossed my first build will soon be on its way.

Thanks

Frank

Back
Top Bottom