What's new

are smok rubblish?

Have enjoyed many SMOK products in the first couple of years of vaping and think they often get a bad rap, undeservedly so but, when my wife's X-Priv just started smoking one day when it was just sat there, I haven't bought a SMOK device since. In terms of aesthetics, I can't help thinking they design a lot of their devices lately, to appeal to the younger, less sophisticated vaper.

I wouldn't touch a SMOK tank with a bargepole, I had nothing but trouble with their coils. I've had a couple of their mods that I had no issues with though.

First proper laugh of the day that was thanks :18:

When it came out it looked a decent mod, if only they hadn't put voice control in, another brand (I forget who) did it too but both soon dropped that feature in later releases.

Alexa does my head in but thankfully it doesn't set my vape off.
When I saw it I thought wow, must have one lol. I got it in red and it looked wicked. I think it only said two words before it went to sleep and never woke up again.
You can disable the voice function but didn't have to as its not said buggar all since.
Apart from that I does look really good if you like that sort of thing and it does vape good so all was not lost"
I just have to have the radio on now or talk to myself and if pushed will mutter to the missus.

Have enjoyed many SMOK products in the first couple of years of vaping and think they often get a bad rap, undeservedly so but, when my wife's X-Priv just started smoking one day when it was just sat there, I haven't bought a SMOK device since. In terms of aesthetics, I can't help thinking they design a lot of their devices lately, to appeal to the younger, less sophisticated vaper.
Hang on.........I'm 59 and love the look of some of them lol.

I wouldn't touch a SMOK tank with a bargepole, I had nothing but trouble with their coils. I've had a couple of their mods that I had no issues with though.
Same here. Mods pretty good but the tanks I have always BLOODY leak. Every time I fill it, I go thru a procedure to stop it happening but it never stops it. Not been too bad with coils I have to say.

Some of their designs appeal to me aesthetically, others not so much (like the daft voice control fad) but the ones I've bought have always pleased me unlike other brands and usually at a decent price.

It was a Smok T-Priv 2 that got me properly into vaping and staying off the stinkiesticks, up until then I struggled so I'm grateful to them, yes I know another brand would have achieved the same but Smok are the one I will always remember :)

I started the year with the awesome Species kit I bought in January which is in my top 3 of 2019 and I am ending the year with the new SMOK MAG V8 70W Chrome edition which is a 21700 battery and capping out at 70 Watts, not very often you see that as most over rate the wattage, I've seen little info of the device and I am actually hoping they are going to use their old Priv chipset which is simple and reliable.
I know some will get their sick bucket out for this one :puke: but I personally love the look of it and the tank is superb for coil life and flavour.

View attachment 207192
Wow, think I'm gonna get myself one of these. Looks at home in a Star Wars movie.

Same here. Mods pretty good but the tanks I have always BLOODY leak. Every time I fill it, I go thru a procedure to stop it happening but it never stops it. Not been too bad with coils I have to say.
I have no leaking issues with the superb Baby V2 unless I leave it for over a week, it cries from neglect a little after that but that's the same with most stock coil tanks I own.

I have a G Priv Luxe 2 that had a wire come off that connected the batteries to the board. A quick strip down and bit of resoldering and she was as good as new. Could happen with any manufacturer I guess.
Coils, now that's a different kettle of fish entirely.

I have no leaking issues with the superb Baby V2 unless I leave it for over a week, it cries from neglect a little after that but that's the same with most stock coil tanks I own.
I'm currently using the G Priv Baby with the tfv12 baby tank. It's a great tank but it will keep seeping liquid out of the air flow ring. I've not changed the coil in months as I like to get my monies worth, maybe it's time to put in a new one.

I have a G Priv Luxe 2 that had a wire come off that connected the batteries to the board. A quick strip down and bit of resoldering and she was as good as new. Could happen with any manufacturer I guess.
Coils, now that's a different kettle of fish entirely.
Glad to hear you got the G Priv 2 working again.

Back
Top Bottom