What's new

Bad jab and new research

I think the needle being to small is a dangerous cop out personally.

Argh fat thumbed the shit out of this post

Be interesting to see if the guidance changes in the future. The Danes have been advocating for aspiration for a while. Personally, I doubt it. They already knew the consequences of an adenovirus being injected IV before this study was published.

Be interesting to see if the guidance changes in the future. The Danes have been advocating for aspiration for a while. Personally, I doubt it. They already knew the consequences of an adenovirus being injected IV before this study was published.

Il admit I didn’t know anything about aspiration until I saw dr Campbell talk about it a couple of months ago but I know for a fact they didn’t do it to me cause I watched the nurse do it. Interesting about the platelets crashing in his latest video, my uncle has had both jabs and both times his platelets have crashed and he’s been off work for about 6 months. After having one jab and a dose of Delta, I’m hesitant to get another one.

Dude...4 real? Cuz u could see?

Yer doin all my drug tests from now on

Il admit I didn’t know anything about aspiration until I saw dr Campbell talk about it a couple of months ago but I know for a fact they didn’t do it to me cause I watched the nurse do it. Interesting about the platelets crashing in his latest video, my uncle has had both jabs and both times his platelets have crashed and he’s been off work for about 6 months. After having one jab and a dose of Delta, I’m hesitant to get another one.
Crazy to get it twice but then I'm in no way convinced just yet that all cases are down to accidental injection in to blood vessels. If it's a 1 in 50k chance what are the odds you're uncle gets it twice? No doubt it's one part of it but probably one part of many, imho. Some people may just be predisposed to getting a bad reaction. No different to the Guillain-Barre Syndrome that effects some people. Hope he gets well soon, anyways.

Yeah, a lot of vaccine hesitancy about now. It's understandable. Everyone has to decide for themselves. I wasn't happy about having it but what can you do? Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet and hope for the best.

Last edited:
Had my second jab this morning. Took the opportunity to chat to the nurse about aspiration. They won't do it pure n simple. He said the needles are too small and can easily get blocked. In his opinion if they were ever to aspirate it would be with a larger needle and in a different location on the body. They're obviously following, - and will not deviate - from the current guidance.

he needs taking outside and hitting with a wet kipper

aspiration was something we did 20 years ago but it was deemed that it wasn't needed for microbore needles as in insulin in later years (until measured dose auto-injectors took over) but the covid jab has to go into the deltoid muscle that's fine if your Arnie with big biceps but if you have little fat and tiny arms how would you know where you are sticking it. it is common sense

when the spotty face vaccinator did Liz's jab I looked at the site not only was it raised and sore it was in the wrong place at the back of the arm not anyway near the deltoid muscle if I had caught the idiot, I would have stuck the jab in Gluteus Maximus

aspiration was something we did 20 years ago but it was deemed that it wasn't needed for microbore needles as in insulin in later years (until measured dose auto-injectors took over) but the covid jab has to go into the deltoid muscle that's fine if your Arnie with big biceps but if you have little fat and tiny arms how would you know where you are sticking it. it is common sense

when the spotty face vaccinator did Liz's jab I looked at the site not only was it raised and sore it was in the wrong place at the back of the arm not anyway near the deltoid muscle if I had caught the idiot, I would have stuck the jab in Gluteus Maximus

It's a hard one to weigh up, my ma ended up having to go on antibiotics and anti histamines cause she got a giant red ring on her arm that was burning for about two weeks. The day after my dad got his jab he had a massive bruise on his thigh (a symptom they say to look out for now but at the time it wasn't in the advice) my uncle has been unwell as I said earlier in the thread. I randomly got bursitis in the left shoulder above where I got jabbed and I haven't lifted a weight or been to the boxing gym since. Granted the bursitis could have just been from wear and tear but I didn't have an injury previously and when i did my rotator cuff on the other side I knew I had done it straight away. Just puts me right off getting another.

Maybe that's the difference between a volunteer vaccinator and a nurse? Both mine were done by the same male nurse. Did it perfectly, exactly where he's supposed to - front of deltoid. Without a doubt super skinny arms pose a greater risk of hitting the major deltoid vessels if you go in the wrong place but we're all unique and many will have variations in physiology and there's smaller anterior vessels that are easy to reach on anybody. It's largely pot luck but you'd have to be seriously unlucky for the syringe to not only hit a vessel but stop perfectly inside it to inject IV.

Regardless, the guidance today is not to aspirate and until that guidance changes then nobody dishing out vaccines will do it, not even upon request. So the choice is to refuse the vaccine or close you're eyes, say a little prayer and hope you don't hit the 1 in 50k blood clot jackpot.

To me it makes perfect sense to aspirate but I wouldn't refuse the vaccine because they currently don't and I wouldn't put a gun to the nurse's head either. Until the guidance changes, it is what it is.

Last edited:
Maybe that's the difference between a volunteer vaccinator and a nurse? Both mine were done by the same male nurse. Did it perfectly, exactly where he's supposed to - front of deltoid. Without a doubt super skinny arms pose a greater risk of hitting the major deltoid vessels if you go in the wrong place but we're all unique and many will have variations in physiology and there's smaller anterior vessels that are easy to reach on anybody. It's largely pot luck but you'd have to be seriously unlucky for the syringe to not only hit a vessel but stop perfectly inside it to inject IV.

Regardless, the guidance today is not to aspirate and until that guidance changes then nobody dishing out vaccines will do it, not even upon request. So the choice is to refuse the vaccine or close you're eyes, say a little prayer and hope you don't hit the 1 in 50k blot clot jackpot.

To me it makes perfect sense to aspirate but i wouldn't refuse the vaccine because they currently don't and I wouldn't put a gun to the nurses head either. Until the guidance changes it is what it is.

at the beginning of all this jabbing thing, you had to have a whole file full of stupid courses all tick boxed it's fine for you to be at work and giving injections, but at a drop in center, it's a different thing. I looked at it, sticking jabs in people in the early days but I can't monitor them this disturbed me shoving any metal object into your body is not a brilliant thing. we will see what will happen but I do know this will give the anti vacers another thing to use which is a pity

Never heard of this aspiration lark, until now, I should've stayed away from this thread, another thing to worry about :hmm:

at the beginning of all this jabbing thing, you had to have a whole file full of stupid courses all tick boxed it's fine for you to be at work and giving injections, but at a drop in center, it's a different thing. I looked at it, sticking jabs in people in the early days but I can't monitor them this disturbed me shoving any metal object into your body is not a brilliant thing. we will see what will happen but I do know this will give the anti vacers another thing to use which is a pity

Yeah, I remember when it made the news cycle that they were making it easier to qualify as a vaccinator. Made perfect sense to me and still does. NHS was already stretched to breaking point with the hospitals flooded with covid patients, NHS staff isolating and tens of millions of doses to be dished out. Using only experienced nurses to vaccinate would've pulled incredibly valuable and desperately needed resources from the NHS. And although it's clearly been demonstrated that an adenovirus in the blood stream causes TTS, it has not yet be demonstrated that it's the only cause of TTS. With this new study coming from reputable institions it's unquestionably a major issue that needs reviewing quickly, like yesterday quickly, and if it's deemed appropriate then aspiration should happen. At the end of the day you have to follow the science. Right now there's a huge question mark over aspiration and whether a tiny minority of people are accidentally being injected IV but up until now it's only been demonstrated that the literature shows adenovirus in blood stream = TTS and the deltoid muscle is chosen specifically because it's so unlikely to hit a vessel and its proximity to the lymph nodes. We'll just have to wait and see what happens now but I don't think it was a mistake to lower the bar for giving what was initially deemed (and still is) to be a safe vaccine in a safe location.

Back
Top Bottom