What's new

Batteries don't last long

maustin42

Postman
Hey guys,

I am finding that I am going through 2 sets of 18650 batteries a day, one in my snow wolf running at 35w and one in my sigelei 100w+ running at 30w. Is this right? Are my batteries on their last legs? How long should 18650 batteries last? I've had mine about 3 months.

Many thanks for any advice.

Hey guys,

I am finding that I am going through 2 sets of 18650 batteries a day, one in my snow wolf running at 35w and one in my sigelei 100w+ running at 30w. Is this right? Are my batteries on their last legs? How long should 18650 batteries last? I've had mine about 3 months.

Many thanks for any advice.

If your battery chargers displays the voltage of the batteries, go fully charge them, leave them alone for 24hours then remeasure the charge in them - anything less than 4.1V after a full charge and 24 hours, you're going to need new batteries.

But, even at ~25W my Sig 100 will on average need fresh batteries the next day.

Noble vaping are good for new batteries or if you can handle the wait, try Fast tech, you can get 2 sets of 2 for about £12 ( Samsung 25r of LG He4s...)

2 batteries a day sounds reasonable to me at those wattages, I never get the battery life I see other folks mention, my kboxes eat them.

If your battery chargers displays the voltage of the batteries, go fully charge them, leave them alone for 24hours then remeasure the charge in them - anything less than 4.1V after a full charge and 24 hours, you're going to need new batteries.

But, even at ~25W my Sig 100 will on average need fresh batteries the next day.

Noble vaping are good for new batteries or if you can handle the wait, try Fast tech, you can get 2 sets of 2 for about £12 ( Samsung 25r of LG He4s...)

Cool, thanks for the method of checking them. I have 3 pairs of spares so should be able to check them easily before I need to use them! Only trouble is my charger doesn't have a display. Got another one with a display on order from SlowTech but god only knows when that may turn up!

Its going to depend on much you vape

single 18650 mod, a battery (25R) will last me about 6 - 6 1/2 hrs , so approx 3 / day

dual parallel mod I get about 18hrs vape time from same 25R's.

Cool, thanks for the method of checking them. I have 3 pairs of spares so should be able to check them easily before I need to use them! Only trouble is my charger doesn't have a display. Got another one with a display on order from SlowTech but god only knows when that may turn up!

Get one of these, you can pick them up for around £4, it's advisable to check batteries after a full charge in any case, I had a brand new xtar panzer that was overcharging on one slot.

tenma-digital-multimeter-continuity-ten01086-110979-p.jpg

Last edited:
Single 18650 in my Sigelei mini lasts me pretty much a whole day, usually vaping that at around 30w, 2 18650s in my IPV4 will probably last me about 2 days, maybe even 2 and a half at a push.

My 25r's last a day in my cloupor mini at 20w. But one isn't lasting as long anymore.

Back
Top Bottom