What's new

BB rev-3....an idea i have....

joe clay

Veteran
Right as its near impossible to find a rev-3 boro tank i am thinging of filling in the 510 hole by brazzing it with aluminium and then redrilling the 510 so it will take the boro rev-4 tank...any tips on what brazzing rods to use?

And im gonna fit a dna40 inside but keep the 18350s
20190307_194909.jpeg
20190307_195008.jpeg
20190307_195103.jpeg

Not sure on the metal work but if you are going to the trouble of fitting a DNA you should also consider swapping out to a lipo battery.

As the rev3 boro tank is only $32 on Billet Box Vapor site i'm guessing its the P&P that's too costly.
Why not try to set up a POTV group buy.

DNA40
So doubt i'll ever be over 30w
Have you thought about keeping the batteries in series, and using an OKR-T/10?

I've done a fair bit of silver brazing of brewing kit - it's not that easy to machine cleanly - getting a nice thread would be a challenge. I'd hold out for a genuine Boro - I expect BBV will do another batch

Or 3D print a Boro - even someone like shapeways - might offer food safe materials

Have you thought about keeping the batteries in series, and using an OKR-T/10?

I've done a fair bit of silver brazing of brewing kit - it's not that easy to machine cleanly - getting a nice thread would be a challenge. I'd hold out for a genuine Boro - I expect BBV will do another batch

Or 3D print a Boro - even someone like shapeways - might offer food safe materials
Didnt know that, fuck, it was rethreading i was worried about

What about if i was to cut the threaded part out and move it the 5mm or so to the side and then braze in place?????

I really don't want to see this in the bin, i want it up and running as its an old original

Back
Top Bottom