What's new

BBC News: Smoking alternative being choked by regulation?

Not a bad broadcast 7 mins in for about 7 mins

At least there is some clarity given in the broadcast, that even if there are questions marks over e-cigs, tobacco smoking is worse!!!

I know from this community, fantastic as it is, most here rarely smoke tobacco now.... Wonder where he got 90% from?

At least there is some clarity given in the broadcast, that even if there are questions marks over e-cigs, tobacco smoking is worse!!!

I know from this community, fantastic as it is, most here rarely smoke tobacco now.... Wonder where he got 90% from?
And what about "A little nerdy, they resemble a gang of home-brewing enthusiasts more than a stop-smoking support group" :D

"The UK's medicines regulatory body MHRA therefore believes that e-cigarettes could help save 57,000 lives in the UK over the next decade"

Then why are they proposing a de facto ban? Could it be so that they then control the market?

And what about "A little nerdy, they resemble a gang of home-brewing enthusiasts more than a stop-smoking support group" :D

LOL... I rather liked that comment...

I do 'home-brew' and when meeting other vapers I don't talk about 'stopping smoking' as support, we discuss our latest new 'shiny' or flavour :D
I have stopped smoking... I am a vaper... I don't expect to stop vaping...

I cant help noticing this week there have been a few articles on vaping in mainstream media, are we getting to them? :-)
I do feel we"exist" now in the public eyes, lets hope we can swing opinion in our favour

Overall, this article seems pretty positive towards vaping... VERY good to see that journalists are actually beginning to speak to 'enthusiasts' rather than just copy/pasting bs propaganda from the 'dark side'.

More positive reporting like this might actually help to get public opinion on our side.

The politicians/health nazis though, that's a different kettle of fish.

Not a bad broadcast 7 mins in for about 7 mins

Again... overall I would say a pretty positive piece.

Listening to the part where Mr Goniewicz was speaking though, I had to smile to myself because I kept expecting him to say "hello... Daaaaaave?" like Papa Lazaru from the league of gentlemen. ;)

Back
Top Bottom