What's new

Ben Philips

rcairncross46

Initiate
Could anyone at VooPoo explain the decision to sponsor Ben Phillips?
He has more than 4 million followers, many of whom are underage. His chanell is clearly targeted at an immature audience. In the video you sponsored he claims to have filled a tank with liquid helium. He then tricks his brother in to using it.
Is this the recommended use for your products?

The perception that underage people are vapeing is of significant concern to regulatory bodies world wide. This is resulting in regulation that restricts the choice of vapers and ultimately strangles businesses.
It’s my view that you have contributed to this perception by glorifying vapeing to a perceptive young audience. I, and I’m sure the community as a whole, would love an explanation.

Something has been on my mind about this for a while. Is there evidence that voopoo actually sponsored/paid Ben Philips?

He also said that he's filled the tank with helium, but that's false.

He also said that he's filled the tank with helium, but that's false.
Haha, fair point.
1. Why would he lie about being sponsored? The video would have been the same had be not said he was
2. If he was lying would VooPoo not have said so? Especially with the backlash online.

I don't think voopoo would care, as it's free publicity on a popular (by numbers) channel. They'll probably just release a statement saying that they didn't sponsor Ben Philips and have no affiliation with his channel blah blah blah, apologies, don't vape helium, blah blah blah.
I'm more pissed off that an adult who knows that his channel has a high under age viewership would promote vaping as something cool, instead of a smoking cessation option.

Especially with the backlash online.

Backlash online is a few people getting on their high horse and stoking drama
VooPoo gave an adult a vape kit - no law broken

Guy posts prank video and world loses their shit jumping on the drama

People screaming about promoting vaping to kids - while some parents vape every day in front of their kids

Are we seeing a little drama hypocrisy here yet - then check the law on vaping

Storm in a teacup drama bollocks imho

But to start a crusade to boycott VooPoo and make it a personal point only tempts fate & Karma
Karma is a bitch at times when it chooses to be - don't go around creating drama if you can help it

I've no vested interest in supporting voopoo but I'm sure this has been explored and explained elsewhere. I believe it was a misstep by one of their advertising people that's been sorted. Could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom