What's new

Best super sub ohm build?

I've heard the clone is good, it's a big chunky bastard as well which I like. Was considering making my own. Measured up completely for a patriot with a vtc5 in it. that's way minimal thread. No threads in 510 connector. Just a removal switch for taking the battery out.

The way I see it, the more copper and the less threads = better connections and less voltage drop.

It'd require some serious design work and some money on getting it CNCd but I have 7 years experience with computer design and machining products so it might be worth a shot.

That or I design a mod purely for cloud chasing and sell it. I dunno

Wait until I send you a message after I've had a dump ;)

I was experimenting with some builds to have a bit of a cloud-off with a friend who claims to have the local Cloud crown...
I ended up doing a dual parallel 2.5 mm 5 wraps of 24g royals with twisted legs on a TOBH 2.5 with a drilled out center post, I didn't really take too much notice that the coils were lighting up like halogen lamps when balancing out the coils so wicked it up and test fired it using a VG heavy nic free home brew juice.

Here's a movie of the test firing....

Word of advice, don't do any new or experimental build while waiting for a new ohms meter to arrive....
It turns out this build was 0.04 ohms... No that's not a typo and yes it was the juice not the cotton that went up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Numpty says invalid on this platform when I tried to view your video, as I know less about PC/tablets than my dog, can't fix it

posted by an unauthorised idiot :P

@Numpty says invalid on this platform when I tried to view your video, as I know less about PC/tablets than my dog, can't fix it

Are you watching it on a tablet @Chegs?

In the app or in the browser?

edit: based on a little experimenting with my phone if you are in the app you won't be able to see it if you switch to the browser you will.

Last edited:
Are you watching it on a tablet @Chegs?

In the app or in the browser?

edit: based on a little experimenting with my phone if you are in the app you won't be able to see it if you switch to the browser you will.

Will wake up the PC when I wake up today :)

I was experimenting with some builds to have a bit of a cloud-off with a friend who claims to have the local Cloud crown...
I ended up doing a dual parallel 2.5 mm 5 wraps of 24g royals with twisted legs on a TOBH 2.5 with a drilled out center post, I didn't really take too much notice that the coils were lighting up like halogen lamps when balancing out the coils so wicked it up and test fired it using a VG heavy nic free home brew juice.

Here's a movie of the test firing....

Word of advice, don't do any new or experimental build while waiting for a new ohms meter to arrive....
It turns out this build was 0.04 ohms... No that's not a typo and yes it was the juice not the cotton that went up.

I know people who Vape 0.4 all the time, how do you reckon they avoid it going up like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
As that was 0.04. You let it get too dry mate. :P

It didn't dry out it was the liquid that caught fire, if you have ever oxidised mesh using juice you know that if hot enough the juice ignites...

Back
Top Bottom