What's new

Blotto Max Tester Event, “The Results”

I'm jaundiced by my blotto single experience, put me off touching these tbh.

I'm jaundiced by my blotto single experience, put me off touching these tbh.

I too found the Blotto Single didn't suit me. The wicking was too much like hard work, and I couldn't get the airflow I wanted. The Max is a far better tank in every respect. I haven't put it down for over a week now.

Wouldn't you consider angled post screws shorting a design flaw?

Wouldn't you consider angled post screws shorting a design flaw?
I think from memory the issue was one of the testers received a deck were one of the threads was either damaged or soft, while we were discussing the issue the lack of love for slotted screws came up.

After some measuring and googling the testers found a suitable replacement.

Well 2 to be exact 1 on eBay M3 x 3mm which fitted however if chunky coils were used then the screw stuck out a little creating a short.

The exact screw size is M3 x 2.5mm and are the same as @Squidgy linked the only difference is that there hex rather than slotted.

so ultimately there isn’t a reason to replace the slotted screws unless you prefer hex.

I think from memory the issue was one of the testers received a deck were one of the threads was either damaged or soft, while we were discussing the issue the lack of love for slotted screws came up.

After some measuring and googling the testers found a suitable replacement.

Well 2 to be exact 1 on eBay M3 x 3mm which fitted however if chunky coils were used then the screw stuck out a little creating a short.

The exact screw size is M3 x 2.5mm and are the same as @Squidgy linked the only difference is that there hex rather than slotted.

so ultimately there isn’t a reason to replace the slotted screws unless you prefer hex.

dont take this personal but i cant understand why Dovpo did not fit grub screws in the first place as its not like they are anymore expensive & slots heads are like cheese & fail after awhile, maybe you pass this onto Dovpo....

dont take this personal but i cant understand why Dovpo did not fit grub screws in the first place as its not like they are anymore expensive & slots heads are like cheese & fail after awhile, maybe you pass this onto Dovpo....

Not sure either to be honest, might be they bought 2 million of them and need to use them up.

The testers will back me up on this. I shared the information with Dovpo and screen shotted them the conversation.

Hopefully they will change them eventually, but to note and this sounds silly, they will need to get Mr Bogan to sign off on it. Hopefully he hasn’t gone on walkabout with Mick Dundee

Well today my Blotto max & bubble glass arrived today & the first job was to replace the slot screw's for grub screws & then fit the bubble glass & install a pair of @Reggiec Tri cored Clapton's & wicked as shown & then soaked my cotton in some winter crumble from PV & finally assembled all together & filled her up & took that first anxious drag & it's safe to say this is definitely a cracking RTA & @dovpo_uk Andy it's safe too come out of hiding [emoji6][emoji39]
IMG_20220129_165315_947.jpeg

Well today my Blotto max & bubble glass arrived today & the first job was to replace the slot screw's for grub screws & then fit the bubble glass & install a pair of @Reggiec Tri cored Clapton's & wicked as shown & then soaked my cotton in some winter crumble from PV & finally assembled all together & filled her up & took that first anxious drag & it's safe to say this is definitely a cracking RTA & @dovpo_uk Andy it's safe too come out of hiding [emoji6][emoji39]
View attachment 265376
Thank @Mutley1 i had been running out of air. Good shout on the screws I haven’t felt the need to change my flat heads yet but do appreciate the hex screws are a lot better.

I’ve just put some Reggiec coils in mine and it’s cracking.

I wonder if you’ll come across the same quandary myself and some of the testers faced about putting a single in. Let me know how you get on

Back
Top Bottom