What's new

Blu offering new pod starter kit for £1

the additives put into eliquids to give a cooling effect like WS-23.
I really don't like it (or mint/methol) and so can tell when there's even a tiny bit

Just a heads up blu also just released a nic salt "intense line" which is 1.8%. It's not going to have that punch that many may be used to from the higher percentage salts out there...but if you're looking for something pre-filled that goes beyond the normal free base it does the trick. I tried it head to head vs. Juul and I felt the intense flavors had a much stronger throat hit and hit in general...then again I'm obviously biased.

I found the regular 8mg (?) tobacco flavour had an intense and unpleasant throat hit already, not sure what they’ve put in there but it was rank. And for comparison I was happily puffing 24mg today.

In comparison with other pod devices I’ve picked up since I got the blu, I have to say it’s a great disappointment. Doesn’t work well and the liquid is horrid.

I found the regular 8mg (?) tobacco flavour had an intense and unpleasant throat hit already, not sure what they’ve put in there but it was rank. And for comparison I was happily puffing 24mg today.

In comparison with other pod devices I’ve picked up since I got the blu, I have to say it’s a great disappointment. Doesn’t work well and the liquid is horrid.

Well, that's the good thing about nic salts, it helps with a smoother throat hit but you can also feel it. Hard to explain. Sorry you had a bad experience. Different folks, different strokes. I've been in vaping for almost 10 years and the divide on flavours still hasn't changed. Pretty fascinating to watch, because it seems no one can really crack the flavour conundrum for the masses of smokers.

the additives put into eliquids to give a cooling effect like WS-23.
I really don't like it (or mint/methol) and so can tell when there's even a tiny bit

Makes me curious now. I'll check into it, though probably wouldn't even be allowed to comment on it because of trade secrets etc..

Well, that's the good thing about nic salts, it helps with a smoother throat hit but you can also feel it. Hard to explain. Sorry you had a bad experience. Different folks, different strokes. I've been in vaping for almost 10 years and the divide on flavours still hasn't changed. Pretty fascinating to watch, because it seems no one can really crack the flavour conundrum for the masses of smokers.

I don’t think it was the nic causing the throat hit, unless it was off. I’m sure it was the flavour, whatever they/you’ve used.

From what’s i’ve seen on the forum here at least there doesn’t seem much of a divide on flavour, it seems people overwhelmingly feel it’s rank.

I had been refilling it, but obviously it’s not intended to be refilled so results were variable.

But in terms of performance and quality it’s easily
beaten by all of the other pods I’ve tried since. In hindsight, quite a disappointment. I’d get back to the drawing board.

I don’t think it was the nic causing the throat hit, unless it was off. I’m sure it was the flavour, whatever they/you’ve used.

From what’s i’ve seen on the forum here at least there doesn’t seem much of a divide on flavour, it seems people overwhelmingly feel it’s rank.

I had been refilling it, but obviously it’s not intended to be refilled so results were variable.

But in terms of performance and quality it’s easily
beaten by all of the other pods I’ve tried since. In hindsight, quite a disappointment. I’d get back to the drawing board.

Well, there seem to be many many customers who disagree with you...but I think like minded individuals tend to be around each other. I really don't want this to be taken in an offensive way, but I've found these forums have a very skewed take on the reality of the industry and what other smokers like. I get it, you had a bad experience and you don't like blu and that's fine. Just realize there a ton of people who like it, and have liked it for years. Taste etc..is subjective.

Well, there seem to be many many customers who disagree with you...but I think like minded individuals tend to be around each other. I really don't want this to be taken in an offensive way, but I've found these forums have a very skewed take on the reality of the industry and what other smokers like. I get it, you had a bad experience and you don't like blu and that's fine. Just realize there a ton of people who like it, and have liked it for years. Taste etc..is subjective.
Question might be whether they like it because they don't know there's anything better available, maybe?

Exactly what @Crewella says. I did give it a chance and used it for a while, but since I’ve acquired other devices it’s become clear that it’s not good.

As far as the liquid, it’s just rank, I think you’d struggle to find one person on this forum who tried it who would disagree with that. Fags are also rank, so I’m not surprised that smokers who’ve never tried anything else don’t know any better.

Exactly what @CrewellaAs far as the liquid, it’s just rank, I think you’d struggle to find one person on this forum who tried it who would disagree with that. Fags are also rank, so I’m not surprised that smokers who’ve never tried anything else don’t know any better.

I like the MyBlu as a device. Small, simple and does exactly what I need it to do.

Granted, several of the juices are terrible. The cherry flavour is one of the worse things I’ve ever encountered. I do however like the ice and menthol.

When my first device stopped taking a charge, the customer service was faultless.

The tobacco flavour did actually give me the dry heave. I was refilling the pods for a while when I was using it. It was ok at first but the case of the battery part became a bit loose and the pods weren’t sitting very tight after a week or so. The draw activated fire was also a bit hit or miss.

Back
Top Bottom