What's new

Blu offering new pod starter kit for £1

The tobacco flavour did actually give me the dry heave. I was refilling the pods for a while when I was using it. It was ok at first but the case of the battery part became a bit loose and the pods weren’t sitting very tight after a week or so. The draw activated fire was also a bit hit or miss.

Yeah, I find that I’m able to refil a pod three, maybe four times and then it’s time for the bin.

Question might be whether they like it because they don't know there's anything better available, maybe?

I personally don't think that's the case as I've talked to many many many smokers who have tried a lot of different e-cigs and they still prefer the Classic Tobacco flavour or even Cherry Crush. Flavour is so subjective. For every single post where someone loves a boutique flavour on here, ECF, or reddit or whatever I'll bet you'll find someone or multiple people who hate it. I've never understood why this is so unbelievable that someone might actually prefer the flavours from a big brand.

It’s not to do with it being from a big brand, it’s based on the fact that the tobacco liquid in the pods is rank. Just really, really bad. Like I said that was unanimous among people that commented on it on the forum here.

I personally don't think that's the case as I've talked to many many many smokers who have tried a lot of different e-cigs and they still prefer the Classic Tobacco flavour or even Cherry Crush. Flavour is so subjective. For every single post where someone loves a boutique flavour on here, ECF, or reddit or whatever I'll bet you'll find someone or multiple people who hate it. I've never understood why this is so unbelievable that someone might actually prefer the flavours from a big brand.
It's not a problem with big brands, or a matter of boutique liquids - I'm still a fan of onepoundeliquid tobaccos. As you say, flavour is subjective, but we see many people on here wanting to give up smoking but struggling with the limited choice they think is available. Stay around and read some of the posts.

It's not a problem with big brands, or a matter of boutique liquids - I'm still a fan of onepoundeliquid tobaccos. As you say, flavour is subjective, but we see many people on here wanting to give up smoking but struggling with the limited choice they think is available. Stay around and read some of the posts.

I've been reading posts for years and am very active on reddit and read ECF daily. I think the problem isn't with variety of flavour, it's that when smokers are moving over they don't get nearly the same satisfaction or nicotine kick. If it's as you say how did Juul take the states by storm? They don't offer tons of flavors and their tobacco flavour isn't that good. Lots of seasoned e-cig users are now using Juul and it has nothing to do with the flavour. The flavour often is just used to mask the lack of satisfaction, which admittedly can in itself be a big turn off. If you give a smoker switching over a high mg nic salt with an average tobacco/menthol flavour I would bet you they will choose that over an "award winning" freebase flavour 9 times out of 10. In fact they will probably tell you the nic salt "flavour" tastes better. Cigarette smokers do not smoke for flavour, they just get used to the flavour and once they are no longer used to it, then they wonder why they even liked it in the first place because it tastes so horrid.

Also a fun fact, in vaping for the most part you don't really taste flavour.. you just smell the aroma of the flavour and that tricks you into thinking you're tasting it. R&D has played around with this concept and if there is a way to make a vape where real flavour actually hits your tastebuds. So this could also be an argument about aroma.

By the way I tend to lurk more often than not, because as soon as people find out who I work for it usually devolves into a shit kicking contest and rationality goes out of the window.

It’s not to do with it being from a big brand, it’s based on the fact that the tobacco liquid in the pods is rank. Just really, really bad. Like I said that was unanimous among people that commented on it on the forum here.

That's fair enough, my point was that there are more blu consumers that like it and buy it regularly than users here who have reviewed it...so again it's extremely subjective. I'm not trying to get into a measuring contest here, just that it's not as black and white as it's often made on forums.

Yes I get your point @deadflow3r , but it’s obvious there are people continuing buying it for exactly the reasons both myself and @Crewella ppint out above. It’s black and white on forums because people on forums know more about vape gear and what is available, clearly.

That's fair enough, my point was that there are more blu consumers that like it and buy it regularly than users here who have reviewed it...so again it's extremely subjective. I'm not trying to get into a measuring contest here, just that it's not as black and white as it's often made on forums.
But that's because a lot of people, me included, came onto forums in the first place hoping for some advice on better tasting liquids than what we'd been able to get in the mainstream? That's honestly why I came here ....... and I doubt I'm alone.

Either way, does it matter? The people who like the bog standard stuff will stick with it, and the people who don't will either go back to cigarettes or, hopefully, come somewhere like here for some advice on something they might find more tempting.

Your point of view is beginning to sound like someone complaining that everybody they meet in a Doctor's surgery is ill ........ ;)

May I ask how long have you been employed by Blu??

I def. agree with you and I also agree with the post above that people on forums tend to be more early adopters and are thus more willing to expand their taste. Just wanted to point out that there tends to be a big perception problem on many forums vs. reality when it comes to brands that are not popular with those on forums and online communities. Which by the way I would also argue that many of the pratfalls of larger companies like blu is not paying enough attention to folks in these areas who are doing the real testing and research on new vape technology and gear.

Back
Top Bottom