What's new

Bought RTAs- Zeus X, Wake, Juggerknot, Doggystyle, Dvarw mtl V2 which one is easiest as a newbie?

Hi everyone,

So I bought the RTAs/clones from Fasttech Zeus X, Wake, Juggerknot mini, Doggystyle 2016, Dvaarwmtl2, I also got a Advken Manta from a different website.

As someone who has never mounted a coil onto an RTA or used one so complete novice I'd like the opinion of people here as to which one you think would be the easiest to learn and coil/wick? None of them came with any instructions (some but not all are clones I assume since the were titled "styled") and I'm not even sure how to open/unscrew some of them lol

I'm looking to start with a single post/coil RTA firstly. I did also buy a box of premade coils (but intend to use Coilmaster to make my own)

Any tutorials you might be aware of very welcome too!

Edit the Doggystyle is SXK

YouTube the RTAs & watch how reviewers do it. They'll do a breakdown showing how they come apart/fit together. Coil size, type & position. From there you'll soon gain enough confidence to do any RTA.

I managed to disassemble the Doggystyle SXK first, watching a video so think I'll try coiling on that first, then decide, depending on what others say for the second one!

Good shout on the doggy, nice & straight forward to start

I'd leave the Dvarw for a bit, it's an old school wire-around-a-a-screw wrapper & could potentially do your head in

The JK mini should be straight forward & it's pretty much leak proof, just do your homework on it first

Okay I managed to mount a premade clapton 0.8 ohm coil onto the Doggystyle. I wicked it, but not sure if I wicked it correctly as it gurgles much of the time. It reads as 1 ohm (I did an extra twist of the coil). is the wicking most likely cause of the gurgling?

Okay I managed to mount a premade clapton 0.8 ohm coil onto the Doggystyle. I wicked it, but not sure if I wicked it correctly as it gurgles much of the time. It reads as 1 ohm (I did an extra twist of the coil). is the wicking most likely cause of the gurgling?

Yes, just use a slightly thicker piece of cotton next time. The gurgling's the result of the deck flooding or the cotton's over saturated

I thought so, thanks. It seems fine for a few drags then it gurgles, some juice is coming out of the airhole too.

In terms of the length of the thing, I saw people say in videos it shouldn't touch the deck floor, mine is borderline touching, would that cause gurgling too?

Yes, just use a slightly thicker piece of cotton next time. The gurgling's the result of the deck flooding or the cotton's over saturated

I thought so, thanks. It seems fine for a few drags then it gurgles, some juice is coming out of the airhole too.

In terms of the length of the thing, I saw people say in videos it shouldn't touch the deck floor, mine is borderline touching, would that cause gurgling too?

I wouldn't have thought so, it's normally that too much juice is going though the juice channels so you need slightly more cotton in them. The trick is not too much so it doesn't dry hit. It's finding the balance, you want light & fluffy covering the channels :2thumbsup:

Sometimes after filling I get a gurgle from the Doggystyle, I just open the airflow fully, hold a bit of tissue over the airflow and do a short sharp blow down the drip tip and vape away, clears it for me.

I'll try that too, though I do feel I didn't quite wick it right, because it fires and airflow is fine for the first few drags then it gurgles, so suspect its flooding due to not enough cotton in all probability. If I let it settle it just repeats the pattern...

Sometimes after filling I get a gurgle from the Doggystyle, I just open the airflow fully, hold a bit of tissue over the airflow and do a short sharp blow down the drip tip and vape away, clears it for me.

Back
Top Bottom