What's new

Brain freeze?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironmonkey

Postman
Hi all, i wasn't sure where to put this thread as this may be an odd one but here goes. I got some Treasure Bay Sparrow e liquid when on holiday in the uk (I live in Poland) it was described as a fruity, mango flavour but the guy in the store neglected to mention the, i assume, menthol as well.

I don't vape menthol liquids, but when I tried this with a dual 6 wrap 3.5mm dia coil with 6.5mm kanthal in at about 0.2 ohms vaping at 80 watts in a mutation x v4 with all airflow open.
Now the question, I took a couple of pulls and got almost like a mild brain freeze, like when you eat ice-cream too quickly. Are menthol liquids better at higher resistances to stop the menthol being too strong?? Or is it just the juice?? Or am I a wimp and shouldn't vape menthol??

I don't even know what to say to this. Hearing this is a first for me lol

haha that´s because brain freeze is a physical symptom caused by something cold! Vape´ś normally pretty warm!

That aside, yeah sub ohming menthol is intense, iv´e got some Element - Frost, that is incredibly hard to vape on a sub ohm. Try diluting it down a bit! Or save it for a higher resistance as you thought.

I know brain freeze, as in ice-cream headache, is a nervous response caused by cold foods on the palate.

With the vape it's hard to describe. But the feeling is akin to ice-cream headache. It's the closest approximation I could think of. Maybe more accurate would be sinus discomfort/pain.

Anyway the key point was that this menthol juice is not pleasant to vape. A shame coz I like the mango taste. I guess I could keep it as a palate cleanser...

I drip elements frost when the tastebuds go off on holiday every now and again. Its intense but after a 20ml bottle in a day or so. Im back!!

I am currently using an eliquid that has the same effect as leaving a cold lolliepop in your mouth, it sort of numbs my tongue. The guy who makes it says its not menthol so I don't know what it is but it may be the same sort of thing in your eliquid

I know brain freeze, as in ice-cream headache, is a nervous response caused by cold foods on the palate.

With the vape it's hard to describe. But the feeling is akin to ice-cream headache. It's the closest approximation I could think of. Maybe more accurate would be sinus discomfort/pain.

Anyway the key point was that this menthol juice is not pleasant to vape. A shame coz I like the mango taste. I guess I could keep it as a palate cleanser...

Brain freeze/ice cream headache...whatever, is not confined to ingesting cold things - although that's how it's most commonly experienced. It's your brains way of saying 'woah settle down a bit with whatever you're doing there mate!' if an ejuice is causing it then I'd say its probs best to vape it more slowly and carefully or try summat else that doesn't piss your olfactory wotnots off so much :D
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/05/130522095335.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom