What's new

Menthol Connoisseurs Enter Here...

LeeB1980

Initiate
Hello fellow menthol apes. After buying an Oxva Xlim (with v2 pods) and spending over £100 on different resistance coils, juices, nicotine strengths etc. I've finally come to the conclusion that menthol liquids are the only ones that I can tolerate. It's no big deal that I can't do fruits or savouries, I'm really enjoying vaping menthol and the cool sensation it gives along with the additional effect of masking the harshness you can get with nic salt and PG.

With the Xlim I'm using the 1.2 ohm pods running at anything from 5-13W depending on how my blancmange lungs are feeling and I do a loose DTL, long and deep with a mouth gap to draw more air due to the low flow speed. This sounds like a weak sounding setup and technique for a former 30 a day smoker but it works really well for me due to having very sensitive lungs. It gives me an enjoyable inhale/exhale, a very surprising amount of cloud and using 10mg salts is keeping my former 30-a-day nicotine desires totally in check.

So far I've tried:

• ONE ELiquids Ice Menthol 50:50 10mg
I'm currently using this but for some very odd reason I get a fair amount of pod leakage and it's ONLY when using this liquid. That's why I'd like to move to a different regular liquid as at only £1, it's probably (somehow) not the best quality liquid. It's a straight up medium menthol with no sweetness. Can sometimes hit my throat hard so usually use it between 5-10W.​

• NVee Premium Menthol 50:50 12mg
Bought this from my Co-op yesterday on a whim and it's rapidly becoming my favourite already. It's a mild menthol with a very slight touch of sweetness. It draws really well and a nice little kick near the end of the draw. In all honesty it's probably a bit too low on flavour even up at 13W but I may get a better kick from a 0.8 coil.​

• Got Salts Polar 50:50 20mg
All of my initial juices were 20mg and could be a reason why I found this too harsh to tolerate.​

• SALT Glacier 50:50 20mg
Oh wow this bad boy kicked so hard! It was like smoking a Trebor extra strong mint and then some. I really loved it but it eventually became hard to tolerate for some reason. This was in a 0.6 coil at 20mg so I may enjoy this again in a 1.2 at 10mg.​

• SOLT Spearmint 50:50 20mg
Not a very tolerable flavour for me and also hit the throat too harsh (possibly again down to the nic strength and coil resistance)​

• Riot Squad Triple Mint Hybrid 50:50 20mg
Nearly made my lungs explode! Coughed so hard for so long I thought my lungs were going to prolapse out my mouth​

A couple of others too but you get the idea. Most of my early "failures" could be in part down to using lower resistance coils and higher strength nic salts. However out of all of those I tried previously, I would probably only try the SALT Glacier again at 10mg as the others had too much bias towards mint flavouring.

So then does anyone have any suggestions for a nice "medium" strength menthol with not too much sweet mint? I've been looking at the Vapouriz Millionaire's Menthol but that's a high PG liquid with freebase nicotine and wonder if I may have sensitivity problems with it. There's also Vampire Vape Ice Menthol, Hangsen Menthol Sensation (high PG) and a couple from Dinner Lady and IVG that have me interested. If I can find something similar to the NVee one but with a bit more kick and flavour then my brain and lungs will be happy ;)

Have you tried 88vape? Available in pound shop type places or buy direct. At £1 a bottle I've been using them for quite a few years now.

Have you tried 88vape? Available in pound shop type places or buy direct. At £1 a bottle I've been using them for quite a few years now.
Oh I almost forgot about the 88vape ones! Is that the Menthol or Menthol Chill and which freebase strength would you recommend for me seeing as the salt is only available in 20mg and that may be too harsh.

@LeeB1980 I usually buy menthol chill 10ml bottles pre-made. I'd suggest buying one of each strength and see which works for you.

Remember if one is too high nic, but the strength of the one below that is not enough, mix the two together and see if that is better.

As a menthol enthusiast, when I find one I like, I rarely change.

For the past few years I've been using TMB Notes Ice Mint @ 15%. It's lovely and smooth with just the right amount of coolness.

Recently, I decided to mix it up and bought Flavor West Menthol from Dark Star. Wow, what a waste of money that was. It was like vaping pure Koolada.
Foolishly, I made 2L of it, so I'm now trying to slowly dilute that into another batch, using the aforementioned Ice Mint, and possible some spearmint, just to make it palatable.

Long story short, if you find one you love, don't change.

As a menthol enthusiast, when I find one I like, I rarely change.

For the past few years I've been using TMB Notes Ice Mint @ 15%. It's lovely and smooth with just the right amount of coolness.

Recently, I decided to mix it up and bought Flavor West Menthol from Dark Star. Wow, what a waste of money that was. It was like vaping pure Koolada.
Foolishly, I made 2L of it, so I'm now trying to slowly dilute that into another batch, using the aforementioned Ice Mint, and possible some spearmint, just to make it palatable.

Long story short, if you find one you love, don't change.
I had a shortfill version of an ice menthol and the menthol, or some of it, had crystallised. I only realised this after adding shots and filling my pod. I thought the flavour was a bit off.

So I decided to warm the solution gently which got the menthol to dissolve. I wish I hadn't, now I know what it's like to vape pure Vicks Vaporub

Not sure why the shortfill was so inconsistent compared to their regular 10ml but I certainly won't be buying that shortfill again

Back
Top Bottom