What's new

Hello, and maybe help me with a question..?

• Thread starter Deleted member 77127
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 77127

Hello from UK.

So a while back I switched from cigarettes to vaping & enjoyed a whole year of Elfa pods & Crystal pods but find I can no longer sustain the outlay for pods so I bought an Oxva Xlim SE kit, that leaked & was generally pants so I returned it & subsequently I (reluctantly) traded up to a Voopoo Drag S. In comparison it's more like carrying a model steam engine around than a convenient alternative but we won't worry about that, or the inferior vaping experience (I understand why disposables taste better btw so no need to explain) but what is, for the first time since quitting, making me seriously consider returning to tobacco is that this thing is capable of leaking too.

For the purposes of discussion the spec is; Voopoo Drag S, MTL PnP pods (black mouthpiece), 0.8 PnP coils, salt nic 50/50 liquids, around 11W.

So to my question:

Is there such a thing as a vaping device which doesn't (i.e. CAN'T) leak because it's been designed properly or do they all need p*****g about with endlessly?

You see I'm not looking for another hobby or even a new interest, I just want something I can take out of my pocket & use which costs less to run than disposable pods & if I'm asking the impossible I'd like someone to tell me straight please so I know where I'm at.

Thanks for reading!

I'm an old school tank and mod vaper so can't really help with pods but I'm sure others can though I suspect nothing is 100% leak proof. I've been using a Nautilus 3 for quite some time and have had no leaking issues with it except when not paying attention and stupidly forgot to slide the top fill back and took a drag on it.

I'm an old school tank and mod vaper so can't really help with pods but I'm sure others can though I suspect nothing is 100% leak proof. I've been using a Nautilus 3 for quite some time and have had no leaking issues with it except when not paying attention and stupidly forgot to slide the top fill back and took a drag on it.
Well I don't know enough about them to talk proper sense to you (is mod modified or module or what exactly?) but I get what you're saying, I'm just reluctantly going up in money until I can make something work & being annoyed that it doesn't I guess. If there's such a thing as a small 'proper' vape which works reliably I'd entertain it, I don't have to have pods I just assumed for MTL it would be all I needed - I'm not after that my van disappears in a huge cloud at the traffic lights I just want a smoke like..

I reckon a Voopoo Argus Pod is perfect for you. The kit comes with a couple of sealed pods, but you can buy empty pods and use replaceable coils. I like the 0.7 coils, and use it when i'm out of the house, and want something i can stick in a pocket. It has never leaked on me. It gives a nice, loose MTL draw, but you might prefer the 1.2 coils.
It's cheap as chips, and you should find it even cheaper in the BF sales.

https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-pods/voopoo/voopoo-argus-pod-vape-kit

Welcome to POTV.
A short while ago I bought a Vaporesso Luxe XR Max for out and about use and since reading your post I`ve just checked it and no leaks, because vape devices rely on an imperfect vacuum to work, if left unused for a while there can be seepage which is often mistaken for a leak, in the few times that I have used this pod it hasn`t leaked while it`s been in my pocket, it`s also a very good vape.

Yeah, took me a while to type, clearing up all the typo's, then noticed you'd typed the same, lol

I had the same problem with the Oxva slim leaking, take a look at the Voopoo Argus pod kits there easy to use and the pods last two or three weeks sometimes longer.

Well I don't know enough about them to talk proper sense to you (is mod modified or module or what exactly?) but I get what you're saying, I'm just reluctantly going up in money until I can make something work & being annoyed that it doesn't I guess. If there's such a thing as a small 'proper' vape which works reliably I'd entertain it, I don't have to have pods I just assumed for MTL it would be all I needed - I'm not after that my van disappears in a huge cloud at the traffic lights I just want a smoke like..

Okey dokey. All e-cigs have two basic parts, a battery and something to heat your e-liquid in and produce vapour. Disposables are a sealed unit with both parts and they can't be recharged or refilled. Pod devices allow you to recharge the battery and refill the pod and in many you can also replace the coil which is cheaper and less wasteful than replacing the pod. There are hordes of them on the market and one should suit you. A tank and a mod are those two basic parts as separate devices, the mod can be recharged and the tank refilled and the coil replaced. They are often sold as kits, but you can mix and match them.

Back
Top Bottom